Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom .22 uppers

z40acp

I have one of the Taccom uppers. I started shooting it this year in Ruger rimfire. The upgrades Tim Ubl has made to the Ceiner system has them working as good as any on the market. Mine shoots any ammo I feed it. Great company. Great product.

Dwight

Did you buy one of the ULWs or the Trackers {M4 barrel}?

I'm looking forward to building one soon for 3gun practice. Everything will be theirs except the upper, that is a spare I have laying around. I have heard nothing but good things about Taccom and already have some of their other gear that I love.

I have one of the Taccom uppers. I started shooting it this year in Ruger rimfire. The upgrades Tim Ubl has made to the Ceiner system has them working as good as any on the market. Mine shoots any ammo I feed it. Great company. Great product.

Dwight

Did you buy one of the ULWs or the Trackers {M4 barrel}?

I have one of the ulw's. For Ruger Rimfire weight reduction is a must.

Presently, the std ceiner style auto trip can not be installed on our bolt. We lengthened the 'cocking' pad on the bottom of the bolt so that you have a more reliable re-set of the hammer, no matter which hammer is used.

Although we really do not come out and state what ammo not to use......we do really like CCI and Federal 22LR ammo....solids more so than hollow points, although hollow points run fine as well, it's just that solids seem to be the most reliable.

Remington Golden Bullets run fine.....but we always seem to get a weird flyer in every group we shoot......no, not the first shot either. ANd they seem to have more 'dud's than we'd like to see. Also, the rims seem to be thicker than CCI or federal.

Winchester 333 or 555 is GREAT ammo to use......if you want practice malfunction drills. Again.....it runs fine, seems to be accurate.....but we tend to have more failures to feed. For the causal shooter this may not be a concern, but we'd never use this ammo (or Remington) in competition.

Our uppers pretty much will shoot anything thing out there......except for the 2 known examples above from our personal experience, we've not really heard too many failures from the field from other ammo (again, other than the 2 mentioned above).

We've heard both great things and not so great things about Federal Automatch......so try em'....if they work for you....woo hoo!! If not, drive on.

Funny thing is......I've pretty much had the same experience with Remington and Winchester with my 10/22, Mark III, Browning Buckmark, Nordic upper and Chiappa as well.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Presently, the std ceiner style auto trip can not be installed on our bolt. We lengthened the 'cocking' pad on the bottom of the bolt so that you have a more reliable re-set of the hammer, no matter which hammer is used.

Although we really do not come out and state what ammo not to use......we do really like CCI and Federal 22LR ammo....solids more so than hollow points, although hollow points run fine as well, it's just that solids seem to be the most reliable.

Remington Golden Bullets run fine.....but we always seem to get a weird flyer in every group we shoot......no, not the first shot either. ANd they seem to have more 'dud's than we'd like to see. Also, the rims seem to be thicker than CCI or federal.

Winchester 333 or 555 is GREAT ammo to use......if you want practice malfunction drills. Again.....it runs fine, seems to be accurate.....but we tend to have more failures to feed. For the causal shooter this may not be a concern, but we'd never use this ammo (or Remington) in competition.

Our uppers pretty much will shoot anything thing out there......except for the 2 known examples above from our personal experience, we've not really heard too many failures from the field from other ammo (again, other than the 2 mentioned above).

We've heard both great things and not so great things about Federal Automatch......so try em'....if they work for you....woo hoo!! If not, drive on.

Funny thing is......I've pretty much had the same experience with Remington and Winchester with my 10/22, Mark III, Browning Buckmark, Nordic upper and Chiappa as well.

Tim

thx for your reply :cheers:

good to hear that it will eat remington golden bullet. i picked up a ton of it a few years ago at a great price only to discover that almost everything i own chokes on it, so perhaps the taccom upper will give me a chance to use it for some closer up hoser practice where accuracy is not super-important...