Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Divisions for USPSA Revolver

hopalong

In high-round-count IPSC matches, it takes a "special" sort of person to play the revolver game...

Roy, you mean like in "special education" or "special needs child" don'tcha? :)

Sam, I'm not sure but I think he's talking about us wheelgunners who shot the Rolla match this fall.... (That might've been the most "revolver-hostile" match I've ever shot in my life, but it sure was fun!)

...it WOULD be nice to have a place in USPSA where I could shoot my 627 and utilize it to its' fullest "Capacity"...naahhh, on second thought, that'll probably NEVER pass muster with the "Powers That Be"...

....mikey357

hello everyone!!

im all for the revo-open div. being a full-time revo shooter, i welcome the added competition. but lets keep things in perspective. the powers-to-be are not going to add a open rev div with such a low turn out in standard rev . they are not gonna put-the-cart-before-the-horse. alot of the revo shooters are also multi-div shooters and know that using a revolver once-in-a-while ( a gun that requires alot of extra-skill to keep sharp) can be frustrating ( going slower ). thus, not wanting to shoot revo at major matches. we need to have more revo shooters at every level and especially at the major match level. my goal for '05 is to attend every major match i can ( $$$$$$ pending).

hopalong, im with you 100% on this. see ya soon ( somewhere)

dan

I run a local monthly steel match. I've decide to roll the Open Revolver shooters score in with Open...and then just put a note next to the score stating that they shot with a Revolver.

We don't draw many wheel-gunners...and Steel is revolver friendly (5 targets, no reloads...unless you miss a lot)

THREAD DRIFT :wacko:

Hey Flex, I guess ya'll are shooting the steel challenge right?

here at our club we shoot a steel only match once a month but set the stages up like an all steel uspsa match...... MAN WHAT FUN !!!!!!

I get my butt kicked most of the time as I use the 6 shot in it too but I am not a bit intimidated by steel at all after shooting these matches.

BTW the entry fees ($5.00) go to the JR. program for the club, last year we bought them a new FIENWICKBAUW air pistol and helped on expenses to the JR Olympics.

Back to the original programing.....

Sam

Where and when might this Southern Revolver Championship take place? I'm game and wish you the best of luck in getting the Open Division established. I think you would get some ICORE ans IDPA guys to participate. Revo shooters are always looking for good competition.

Had another thought about this thing,

MONEY

I'm just going to put out numbers here just for the sake of it.

If I can remember correctly, the last ICORE Postal match had 300+ shooters with slightly more shooting standard than OPEN so we will say 125 open guys/gals

IF USPSA did allow an OPEN REV. division and say out of the 300+ shooters some 50 or so already are USPSA members, then you have a potential 250 or so new members at a minimum of 25 dollars a member then that would be 6,250 bucks just in new membership fees.

Classification, You will not have to have a new Data base as you could use the OPEN classifiers to date BUT USPSA would be getting an extra 5 bucks per shooter that would not have been there if not for the "new Division"

I'm not going to try any guessing about converting IDPA shooters as they(IDPA) do not have an OPEN class of any type and it is against their Philosohpy to use optics of any kind.

But If there were more Revolver shooters due to the "new division" maybe it would also get more Standard revolver shooters out too.

Now to comment on SmittyFL and his Idea about not shoooting the revolver but just every now and then.... I DON'T mean this harshly and it may sound that way.

As long as there are guys like you that enjoy shooting different guns but then go back to the Limited, or Open at a Major match only the truly dedicated "other division" shooters will shoot the other divisions and there will never be more competition (numbers wise) in the other divisions. that is exactly what Fomeister was talking about (I think).

There will Never be 5 seperate National Championships due to the cost of putting on 5 seperate matches as they are ran now, maybe in the future things will change so as long as the Nationals combine divisions All divisions will be watered down some what.

In final, Does USPSA need to recognize an OPEN Revolver Division? Let's see...

try a few matches where it is a division, and find out. We will never know if we don't.

Hopalong

Hopalong,

I'm an IDPA shooter, now also shooting ICORE and will join USPSA to do this - so yes your numbers are about right. 249 more members too go :P

When you determine a date and location let us know. I will do my best to support it.

I've been wanting to build an open revolver and will probably do so next year- if USPSA has an open revolver division or not. always wanted to try shooting optics.

I'd shoot ICORE but they only have 2matches a year in my area both the same weekend as an IDPA match I run - so I don't get to play at that game.

S&W has a new 8 shot super moongun with removable compensator that is just crying to find its way into my safe :)

Ted