Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter M&P Upgrades - what are you doing?

Bill Schwab

This was my first season with an M&P (approx 7500 rounds down the tube), and I decided I like it, so it's time to tune it up a little over the winter in preparation for 2014's season. Today I polished the feedramp, which didn't take long at all and now feels slicker than snot. I also plan on getting a stronger extractor from SSS (I keep hearing the stock one gets squirrely around 7k rounds, but I haven't had any problems yet), and want to change the sights so POI is where I aim (currently it hits a few inches low).

What slick mods are you guys doing to make these plastic Smiths run better?

Bought an M&P Pro 9 5" to dedicate as a 3 gun pistol two weeks ago. 10 days ago added a tungsten guide rod (and a few different spring weights to test), 21st century gunfighter extended mag release, speed shooter's specialty brass magwell (in black), TTI base pads, scored 5 used mags + 2 new mags, and it's now at Burwell's getting some trigger magic worked over. Also grabbed a bunch of replacement parts from Brownells to have on hand since this is my first m&p.

Only have about 60 rounds through it at this point for load work ups, but I like the gun so far. Excited to get my fingers on the new trigger when it comes back.