Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft for training?

DrLove

It is trigger time, so yes it helps. (Check out some of the Japanese shooters (and others) who can't use firearms at home for practice and use Air-soft for their training.)

yeah but how close is it (blow back thing, trigger control, etc) to real thing?

I tried the airsoft thing. For me it wasn't even close to the feel of the real thing. The hardest part I found was to quit watching the BB's. It's easy to just aim with the BB's instead of the sight/sights. All that said it was fun.

Edited by DRobson

Its never going to be just like the real thing but its great for working on the fundamentals.

Mine is an open gun complete with a spare C-More. Just like a "real" gun, if the dot is not on the target when I pull the trigger, I don't hit the target. Just like a real gun, I need to pick up the dot on the draw and when I transition from one target to the next.

You don't get a realistic recoil, but for what it is, it works for me. Plus, I enjoy it.

Bill

It is trigger time, so yes it helps. (Check out some of the Japanese shooters (and others) who can't use firearms at home for practice and use Air-soft for their training.)

yeah but how close is it (blow back thing, trigger control, etc) to real thing?

As Flatland states, trigger control is still fundamental (firearm or airsoft, poor trigger control = miss, and not using the sights on either is normally a miss too). The blowback simulates recoil although it is way softer, the timing of the gun is different the rest of the stuff is basiclly the same as long as the airsoft gun is the same style and weighs about the same as your firearm. (With the magazine inserted my airsoft and 2011 are really close in weight.) Hope this helps.

It is trigger time, so yes it helps.

how close is it (blow back thing, trigger control, etc) to real thing?

I bought a Browning .22 for some sub-caliber "practice" - had a dot sight -

and it NEVER worked for me - I didn't see any similarity to shooting -

that's just MY reaction.

I sold the .22 and the ammo for a profit:))

Now I just shoot my TruBor 9mm major. :cheers:

I have the same problem with using an airsoft or SIRT--I tend to watch the projectile/laser more than I look at the sights. I have to use a real gun to get training value.

I use airsoft and disable the slide lock/release so it will run on empty mag. No picking up bbs. There is no positive reinforcement, no negative either.