Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've been published!

Shooter Grrl

As the father of two girls who spend every thursday evening at the smallbore range I have to applaud your efforts to get more women involved in the shooting sports.  I am certain that my daughters would like to see a section of the site that discussed smallbore shooting or any shooting that involved jr. shooters.

Attagrrl! At our IDPA match today, we had two, count 'em, TWO girls! Out of 50 shooters it ain't a big number, but that's a lot more than usual (I don't know what multiple you'd have to pair with zero to get two, so let's just say it's a big increase). I like to see that. Near as I could tell, they shot well. I made approving noises as I pasted targets, as I usually do when a first time shooter gets accurate, if slow, hits. You don't want to heap on praise, or offer advice (esp. if you are Mr. Mediocre Marksman). But you kind of feel like Tom Hanks building that fire on the beach.  What to do to keep them coming back? Resources like your little piece of sportshooter.com should help, and I'm all for it.

• 2 months later...