Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DA/SA Platform realistic ?

PatriotMac

On the equipment issue yes equipment is a small part of the pie but matches are won and lost sometimes with very small margins. I got beat my a friend of mine a month or so back by half a stage point. It matters.

It is more likely to be blind luck or the tiniest mistake in decision-making than equipment at that point. But it's good to have confidence in your equipment, even if it is based on myth. :cheers:

And yes, the evidence on the side of SA/DA guns really *is* scientific, despite there not being a fancy scientific study sponsored by a bunch of democrats at a university. People with even a moderate statistical/probability background can look at the last few years results, and all will come to the same conclusion, which is that metal da/sa guns are certainly not any disadvantage, and are a probably a small advantage for serious competitors in IDPA/USPSA style shooting.

No that is what they call anecdotal accounts or basically story telling. Yes confidence in your equipment is good but there is also real advantages as well.

Pat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the equipment issue yes equipment is a small part of the pie but matches are won and lost sometimes with very small margins. I got beat my a friend of mine a month or so back by half a stage point. It matters.

It is more likely to be blind luck or the tiniest mistake in decision-making than equipment at that point. But it's good to have confidence in your equipment, even if it is based on myth. :cheers:

And yes, the evidence on the side of SA/DA guns really *is* scientific, despite there not being a fancy scientific study sponsored by a bunch of democrats at a university. People with even a moderate statistical/probability background can look at the last few years results, and all will come to the same conclusion, which is that metal da/sa guns are certainly not any disadvantage, and are a probably a small advantage for serious competitors in IDPA/USPSA style shooting.

No that is what they call anecdotal accounts or basically story telling.

No, it's called statistical analysis. Anecodtal accounts are when you say "i beat someone cuz i had better equipment." Statistical analysis is when you say "wow,the majority of shooters in the top 10 at production nats the last 3 years were using da/sa guns, including the winner all 3 years, and 2nd place at *least* the last two years, so they don't appear to be a disadvantage." :sight:

To the OP if he s still paying attention. :)

If you ave te DA/SA gun, shoot it because you have it. See if you can borrow some other guns to shoot a match or two after you get the hang of things ad decide if you want to change. Fr what it's worth, I started with an XDm because it's what I had. Now I shoot a CZ of some sort or another for every auto division. Dry fire has made it so I barely notice that DA shot, or I just shooter cocked ad locked in ESP or CDP. :)

Have fun!