Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Bushmaster Tarheel 3 Gun Challenge, New Hill NC

Folks check you emails. The system has promoted folks into the event. You also have self squading options... there is a PIN number on the You're in the Match email.

MATCH FULL and On a Wiatlist in 16 minutes form release. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

Please thanks and like the folks at Squad Sign Up for their efforts on a kick ass system...several hundred processed in 4 minutes.

Face book: https://www.facebook.com/SquadSignup

Web site: http://squadsignup.com/

logo_120px2.png

THE MATCH IS FULL and ON A WAIT LIST.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did this thing really just fill up in less than a minute? I submitted my registration pretty much right at 6(central) so I wouldn't forget and my registration status is "waitlist"

I think that everyone is wait listed at first and then they move people into the match.

Check your emails...waitlist is secure. MAKE SURE TO check emails in the next few days and weeks, invoice are sent via email...no paper checks and snail mail. The folks on the waitlist also check emails for getting moved into the match.

now I just need to get my hotel reservation done.

Any recommendations on where to stay?

MATCH HOTELS

Holiday Inn Express and Candlewood Suites Apex NC 15 minutes from the range.

Ask for Cherry Champion

General Manager

Holiday Inn Express, Apex NC

919-387-3636

Fax: 919-387-9969

Maybe I'm missing it in the rules, I understand the scoring will be time plus. But does that mean for the entire match, meaning a running time total(aggregate), or will each stage be scored separately assigning stage points based on each shooters stage time? Am I making sense?

Edited by davehorn

Maybe I'm missing it in the rules, I understand the scoring will be time plus. But is that mean for the entire match, meaning a running time total(aggregate), or will each stage be scored separately assigning stage points based on each shooters stage time? Am I making sense?

Time plus points is the plan

^^^^^This.

Should I assume if I'm in "Squad: -1" I'm pretty close to the top of the wait list?

I'm really annoyed...I put a calendar reminder in my phone so I wouldn't forget to sign up. Two weeks ago, my phone died, and I had to get a new one. Apparently the calendar reminders didn't transfer over.

The only email I received read as follows:

"Your registration for the 2014 Bushmaster Tarheel 3-Gun Challenge at Woodys Hunt and Rifle Club has been received. Your shooter number is 2809.
You will receive a separate email confirming that you are in the match. Please be sure to monitor your email."

The registration page said "Waitlist" and "Squad: -1"

What the heck...? Why am I being charged sales tax on a match fee???

I kinda wondered the same thing, but am unfamiliar with NC tax code. I'm not upset, but it would have been nice to know beforehand(it very well may have been posted and I missed it). Maybe an explanation for good measure as I've never seen sales tax associated with any match fee. I have always been under the impression that a match fee was a service which in Alabama, is not taxed.

As for the question about sale tax...under advisement from our accountant we are required and have been filling monthly sales tax in NC. It is not hidden on the invoice. If you don't wish to pay it, no hard feeling.

What the heck...? Why am I being charged sales tax on a match fee???

I kinda wondered the same thing, but am unfamiliar with NC tax code. I'm not upset, but it would have been nice to know beforehand(it very well may have been posted and I missed it). Maybe an explanation for good measure as I've never seen sales tax associated with any match fee. I have always been under the impression that a match fee was a service which in Alabama, is not taxed.

Edited by csole

It was listed as plus sales tax on the webpage at sign up:

DATE: April 5th (Saturday) and 6th (Sunday), 2014, LOCATION: Woody’s Hunt and Rifle Club New Hill NC Match fee: $225.00 plus NC Sales Tax Match Cap: 225

I got my invoice today in my email.

It was listed as plus sales tax on the webpage at sign up:

DATE: April 5th (Saturday) and 6th (Sunday), 2014, LOCATION: Woody’s Hunt and Rifle Club New Hill NC Match fee: $225.00 plus NC Sales Tax Match Cap: 225

I got my invoice today in my email.

thanks...Apparently some did not read that statement or the line item on the invoice. We will gladly refund anyone that has issue on the sale tax...I cant get around the tax man.

Charles will pay the tax because I want to shoot the match, but I believe your accountant is wrong. I did a little bit of research and it appears NC and VA are similar. They do not tax services, only goods or products. The term used for taxable items is tangible property, and a match fee would not qualify.

Charles will pay the tax because I want to shoot the match, but I believe your accountant is wrong. I did a little bit of research and it appears NC and VA are similar. They do not tax services, only goods or products. The term used for taxable items is tangible property, and a match fee would not qualify.

NC tax changes mean new admission charges.....The expansion of the state sales tax to a broad range of admissions charges – including movies, college and professional sporting events, concerts, plays and museums – means that arts patrons and sports fans alike will probably pay more to enjoy their favorite pastimes. the new NC entertainment tax..

NC Tax reform to raise ticket prices at movies, sporting events...

new tax code passed by the North Carolina General Assembly this summer...active in 2015

As part of the overhaul, all but a few types of live events will be taxed. A huge swath of events, which were previously untaxed and include festivals, agricultural affairs and state attractions, will now be subject to sales tax across the state. ARTS N.C. State and N.C. State athletic events will be subject to a sales tax of 6.75 percent.

TH3GN is run like any business on the up and up, insurance, attorney retainers, accountants, staff, payroll, this not a one and done deal or a one off event. We would not charge it if we were not advised to do so. Having said that I will follow the advice of our accountant.

I will send this coupon book to any of you and let you inform the NC Dept of Revenue different...

photo-1.jpg

Edited by csole

The match fee even with the sales tax is still on par or cheaper than any of the other majors I shot last year. I have no problem paying it to shoot the match. This match is worth it.

Thanks..if you check last years cost we reduced it by 5 bucks to meet the tax deal half way. But everything else went up.

I definitely appreciate the price of this match. For the caliber of the match the match fee is great. I guess it just looked weird. I'm looking forward to the match. I have some unfinished business with a set of LaRue targets.

We intend to re skin them with a 12 inch circle...the two test models fall with a 9mm carbine at 75 yrds...

Edited by csole

I definitely appreciate the price of this match. For the caliber of the match the match fee is great. I guess it just looked weird. I'm looking forward to the match. I have some unfinished business with a set of LaRue targets.

We intend to re skin them with a 12 inch circle...the two test models fall with a 9mm carbine at 75 yrds...

Can you please put a few out past 500 yards so I can have a chance against some of these blazing fast pistol shooters????