Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Nation Outlaw Matches?

Wait you guys go to matches for the shooting???

Hey I just heard that 3Gun Nation is going to have 4 regional matches next year and they will be run more like a regular 3 gun match. Sounds cool.

Especially if they get rid of those gay targets.

Jessie could have an alias since its an outlaw match he wants.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new girlfriend says "NO" to the eastern european hookers. I tried to use the whole when in Rome, cultural exchange argument but my points must not have been as persuasive as they have been in the past. I guess I will just run the camera and help keep everyone hydrated. Team Hookers and Blow had to be moderated to team High Life, next it might be team Miller Light!

Just to be clear, I am not a fan of 3 gun nation. Some of my buddies are, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Many claim that there have been great improvements to our sport and attribute them to 3GN, I maintain that our sport if it has improved (which I do not think) has done so in spite of 3GN, not because of it.

As many know I have turned over a kinder and more sensitive leaf (go ahead and chuckle). The pizza boxes may be piss poor targets, but I would respectfully ask that the derogatory homosexual reference be removed. I agree with the sentiment, but not the chosen expression. It is hard to to change speech and thought patterns after a lifetime but sometimes that is what we need to do.

This whole thing has made me appreciate that I have plenty of local matches, with $20 or less entry fees, lots of targets, no prize table, and a Pilot station close by with hot dogs and slurpees for the ride home.

We always preferred eating Casey's pizza off the dash of the vehicle.

Anbody do a Phil Strader Pro-Am ( the old Colt Pro Shoot Out match) style match with strictly falling steel targets and stage par time with 3 guns? The pro's can plunk down so much money to enter the match, and then each stage is worth so much money, like the golf skins game. Get the most plates or poppers down for that stagge in that par time, win the pot for that stage. If there is a tie on a stage, then the pot rolls over to the next stage.

We don't have to be done but let's watch the personal fouls.

My 2 cents is that I wish 3 Gun Nation all the best of luck. I do, however, get a chuckle when a match declares itself "outlaw" and then uses pizza boxes for targets.

My 2 cents is that I wish 3 Gun Nation all the best of luck. I do, however, get a chuckle when a match declares itself "outlaw" and then uses pizza boxes for targets.

I ate a lot of pizza in college..........really wishing I would have kept all the boxes and not bought all those IPSC silhouettes!!!!

I'd hate to see this thread die and have to go back to watching Netflix or playing solitaire between patients at the office!

I watched a few 3gn clips and kind of was taken back to uspsa 3gun. Have not shot uspsa for a few years due to the thick handbook and high attorney cost to interpret. Outlaw matches were started to help simplify the whole thing which they did (many thanks to whoever started it). These matches were shot by people who just enjoyed straight up 3gun challenges and no one was competing for the camera..... I believe now there is a new level of ego driven shooting due to the spotlight and high pay out. I agree with Kurt and Ster- dog to their point that many have missed on this thread but Movie star wannabe shooters need 3gn as it strokes their ego which everyone has an ego but some just can't control it. Enjoyed the thread while it lasted... Be safe out there and support whatever style of shooting you believe in.

"Are we done?"

Thats up to you isn't it?

My friend and friends.... we are never done until the last shot is fired! Until then there are many stories in the making, many drinks to be had on tailgates after a long match day, and cigars to be smoked. This party is just getting started :cheers:

I do, however, get a chuckle when a match declares itself "outlaw" and then uses pizza boxes for targets.

What could be more "outlaw" than pizza boxes. How about a paper plate rack?

As someone who is not new to shooting but new to 3Gun I see it differently. I have read every post on every page and think that 75% are nit-picking. I did not know about 3 gun shooting until I watched an episode of 3GN. I read the book that Mr. Adams put out and learned about the "Outlaw" matches, what defined them and how they started. Watching the episode of 3GN peaked my interest and caused me to research matches that were local to me where I could get my feet wet. I shoot local $20-60 matches and love them. I will be shooting my first "major matches" in 2014, matches that are within driving distance and work constraint perameters. I understood "Outlaw" matches to be any match that did not follow the IDPA or USPSA rules or guidelines (that's how most of the "Outlaw" matches started right?). Seems like every local match adapts or disregards formal rules depending on their own situation barring safety in mind. With that being said there are a lot of people with their "panties in a bunch" over the word Outlaw, which seems to apply to the 3GN regional matchs since they are not following IDPA or USPSA. Is it that big of an issue since the term Outlaw is not copy righted or trademarked from individual matches that started in the 80's? Just wondering.

P.S. I spell checked my stuff so I don't see misspelled words quoted.

For the longest time, USPSA didn't have time plus scoring. It was still hit factor to stage points conversion scoring.

Having put on a 3 gun match, just going with two hits anywhere on the cardboard = neutralized is really fast scoring. If a target wasn't neutralized, that was a five second penalty. For the scoresheets I made up, I could get 6 stages all on one side of a sheet of paper. And the best part was I could figure out final scores while at the lunch table after the match. No computers and no proprietary scoring software needed either. :)

For the longest time, USPSA didn't have time plus scoring. It was still hit factor to stage points conversion scoring.

Having put on a 3 gun match, just going with two hits anywhere on the cardboard = neutralized is really fast scoring. If a target wasn't neutralized, that was a five second penalty. For the scoresheets I made up, I could get 6 stages all on one side of a sheet of paper. And the best part was I could figure out final scores while at the lunch table after the match. No computers and no proprietary scoring software needed either. :)

This ^ exactly, two hits to neutralize or one "A" zone, makes the scoring faster and moves the squads through quicker.

As someone who is not new to shooting but new to 3Gun I see it differently. I have read every post on every page and think that 75% are nit-picking. I did not know about 3 gun shooting until I watched an episode of 3GN. I read the book that Mr. Adams put out and learned about the "Outlaw" matches, what defined them and how they started. Watching the episode of 3GN peaked my interest and caused me to research matches that were local to me where I could get my feet wet. I shoot local $20-60 matches and love them. I will be shooting my first "major matches" in 2014, matches that are within driving distance and work constraint perameters. I understood "Outlaw" matches to be any match that did not follow the IDPA or USPSA rules or guidelines (that's how most of the "Outlaw" matches started right?). Seems like every local match adapts or disregards formal rules depending on their own situation barring safety in mind. With that being said there are a lot of people with their "panties in a bunch" over the word Outlaw, which seems to apply to the 3GN regional matchs since they are not following IDPA or USPSA. Is it that big of an issue since the term Outlaw is not copy righted or trademarked from individual matches that started in the 80's? Just wondering.

P.S. I spell checked my stuff so I don't see misspelled words quoted.

Speaking of nit-picking.... while not spelled incorrectly "peaked" should be piqued.

Well played! And now....

Peter Pique climbed the peak to pique his interest in peaks. He saw more peaks which piqued his peak interest .

Hey did you all hear that 3GN is having 4 pizza festivals this year?

Well played! And now....

Peter Pique climbed the peak to pique his interest in peaks. He saw more peaks which piqued his peak interest .

Hey did you all hear that 3GN is having 4 pizza festivals this year?

If Peter's interest in peaks has been piqued, perhaps he should take a peek at Pike's peak, eh?