Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 TASK FORCE DAGGER 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP - March 28-30, 2014 - Legion

What kind of donation would it take to jump in with the Silver Wings?Hypothetically.... :)

I am actually working on something for next year already. Not saying that you or anyone else will be able to jump with them but I am trying to plan and do something completely out of the ordinary. Not going into details but we shall see if it happens. I do have over a year :)

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that weather becomes our friend and is in our favor so that this thing will happen!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first TFD as well, and I am so freakin' excited! Quick question, Are we able to drive to all of the stages or will 3G Carts/ATV be necessary? Looking at videos seems like you can drive but wanted to clarify... and on the possibility of checking zero on that Thursday registration?

You will be able to dirve to all the stages, and anything but cars and trucks are not allowed on the facility without prior approval. Mike will have more on that item in the future.

There will be a sight in range available on Thursday. We're just not 100% on the location yet.

See you there!

Ok... I've been reading about this match, and finally pulled the trigger and sent info in for sign-up... I shot FB3GN several years in a row, and heard this match was every bit as good, if not a touch better (more difficult)... So that leads me to my question... the $300 entry fee... is that per person? or teams? I was a little shocked, as I've been away for a few years, and match fees per person were $125-$145 back then.... just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

Ok... I've been reading about this match, and finally pulled the trigger and sent info in for sign-up... I shot FB3GN several years in a row, and heard this match was every bit as good, if not a touch better (more difficult)... So that leads me to my question... the $300 entry fee... is that per person? or teams? I was a little shocked, as I've been away for a few years, and match fees per person were $125-$145 back then.... just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

Per person

I was originally surprised at the cost of this match last year. But it is not uncommon for a match of this magnitude that spans over 3 days to cost $300. Just so you know, the Task Force Dagger Foundation helps US Special Ops soldiers and thier families.

$300 is the going price. It seems like alot but these things cost alot to put on and someone has to make a little something for there time in addition this match is helping many great veterans and servicemembers.

I am new to this sport and shot 6 or so majors last year and this was by far the most challenging and fun match of all even though it wasnt my best placement...

I recommend starting a workout regimen 6 months ago to help be better prepared!

Hope to see you all there if my work schedule allows it.

Stages and round counts are posted on the TFD3G website. As usual, they are subject to change once we start putting them on the ground, but I think we have some good ones for you this year. Depending on some construction going on at Legion, there is a possibility that stage 3 will be completely different. We are hoping that comes about.

We still have slots available, so follow this link to register! We'll see you all in about 7 weeks.

Andy

Just an observation here. While browsing the stages I noticed 2 stages where you'll be manipulating and abandoning a slung long gun while having a hot pistol. Slings can be pretty easy to get hooked on the grip of a pistol under match speed and pressure. If you aren't already running a holster with some sort of positive retention you might want to lend it some consideration.

I really appreciate you guys adding some clarity to the match fee question. I wanted to add in again that there are monies that are being donated directly back to the Task Force Dagger Foundation. Although it may seem a little high when you look at the match entry fee by itself, but as some folks already mentioned, a match of this magnitude takes quite a bit to put on especially when you are a new match and trying to get it off the ground. On top of that we want to ensure that we have money left over after everything is said and done so that we can give back to an organization that supports those that have given so much for this great country!

If you have not read up on the Task Force Dagger Foundation please take a few minutes to visit their website www.taskforcedagger.org

We will also have members/shooters from the 3GN/TFD Wounded Warrior 3-Gun Team at the match competing along with the director of the foundation which will have a table set up to provide everyone with more information about the foundation and what exactly they do.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you at the match.

Mike

The stages look GREAT! Can't wait to get out there and see how they look in person! Also as Shooter115 put it we get to throw grenades!! :D:devil::D

I see that a few folks are excited about the hand grenades and I hope that I do not let you down with this message, but unfortunately they will not be "live" hand grenades (for obvious reasons). They will be actual military style hand grenades, but inert. All in all I think that you guys will really enjoy that stage as well as the rest of them.

The stages look GREAT! Can't wait to get out there and see how they look in person! Also as Shooter115 put it we get to throw grenades!! :D:devil::D

I see that a few folks are excited about the hand grenades and I hope that I do not let you down with this message, but unfortunately they will not be "live" hand grenades (for obvious reasons). They will be actual military style hand grenades, but inert. All in all I think that you guys will really enjoy that stage as well as the rest of them.

Inert?!? I need a refund!

Just kiddin Mike! Look foward to it!

Luke

WHAT!?!? You mean to say I don't get to blow sh** up? That's it, I thought it would be worth the drive from MI but I was mistaken.

I'm really looking forward to this being my first major. Looking over the stages got me all excited for next month. It will be sweet to start the season with TFD and end with Blue Ridge, if I get in...

On the stage designs, is there any way to find out distance for the rifle targets? Just curious what we will be shooting out to, need to get my hold overs figured out.

After shooting TFD last year, $300 is a deal. The Legion facility is awesome, and hell it's a 456 round match, that's twice as much as most matches.

Nikoli, as far as distances, I think the farthest target last year was around 420. They have to room to go as far as they want. They likely won't know actual distances until the stages get on the ground. Figure out your holds out to 500 and you'll be good. Most rifle targets will be from 150-350.

I'm really excited about this match. The stages are looking great.

When a rifle is "slung", does that mean no mag inserted?

Like Shooter 155 has mentioned, I am also curious about unslinging a long gun with a "loaded and holstered pistol". I am also not crazy about the idea of going prone with a hot gun.

Just an observation here. While browsing the stages I noticed 2 stages where you'll be manipulating and abandoning a slung long gun while having a hot pistol. Slings can be pretty easy to get hooked on the grip of a pistol under match speed and pressure. If you aren't already running a holster with some sort of positive retention you might want to lend it some consideration.

Stage 6 and possibly Stage 2 (depending you your selected order) will be like this. Just be careful. I'd suggest you NOT put a round in the pistol chamber, just in case.

Edited by Rob Tompkins

I'm really excited about this match. The stages are looking great.

When a rifle is "slung", does that mean no mag inserted?

Like Shooter 155 has mentioned, I am also curious about unslinging a long gun with a "loaded and holstered pistol". I am also not crazy about the idea of going prone with a hot gun.

Yes, never a mag in the rifle while slung.

Stage 1 is the only time if might be possible to be able to go prone with other "loaded" guns on you person, but it speciies shooting though ports so it may not even be a possibility.

While I knew this you shoulda let me have my delusions HA HA ;) Either way it will be a GREAT MATCH!! :D

Edited by george76904

Like Shooter 155 has mentioned, I am also curious about unslinging a long gun with a "loaded and holstered pistol".

I don't have a problem with it, just wanted to to raise the level of awareness that there would be the chance of a sling getting caught on a pistol. So far I've seen 2 pistols become unintentionally jacked out of non retention holsters. Something about a hot weapon spinning through the air that makes me uneasy

Stages look awesome with the exception we don't get live grenades :devil: Really looking forward to this match.

Like Shooter 155 has mentioned, I am also curious about unslinging a long gun with a "loaded and holstered pistol".

I don't have a problem with it, just wanted to to raise the level of awareness that there would be the chance of a sling getting caught on a pistol. So far I've seen 2 pistols become unintentionally jacked out of non retention holsters. Something about a hot weapon spinning through the air that makes me uneasy

Stages look awesome with the exception we don't get live grenades :devil: Really looking forward to this match.

I was worried about that last year too but I practiced and arranged my belt so that the rifle/shotgun even when slung wasn't close to my pistol. Also according to last years rules (I am not positive about this years rules) a gun without a round in the chamber was just a piece of pipe. So even if you did drag one out, the timer kept running and you just re-holsterd and kept going. Although I never had a issue with it last year.

I will admit that I'm a little bummed that we won't be throwing live grenades. Maybe just flash-bangs?

Even with inert grenades the stages this year look over-the-top fun. The match is 456 rounds! Minimum! This match is well worth the entry fee. It's even better that part of the fees are donated to TFD.

After shooting and RO'ing the match last year I will also say that I'm comfortable with the safety of the stages. As george said, you need to be comfortable with slinging and unslinging weapons and aware of where weapons are when slung.

I can't wait to shoot...

Cheers,

Kelly