Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 TASK FORCE DAGGER 3 GUN CHAMPIONSHIP - March 28-30, 2014 - Legion

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first match with considerable movement with a slung weapon. I've done matches with a slung weapon but they were set up to have very limited movement with said weapon, so single point slings were possible. I can't imagine a single point would be effective with any amount of movement. What are effective sling options for a match like this ?

Are we running bayonets on all weapon systems ? Pistol and shotgun stabbers :sight::roflol:

Thank You

What are effective sling options for a match like this ?

As previous poster stated, I'm a big fan of the VTAC, but any quality 2 point would work for you. I'd be ready to have the option to sling with muzzle up or down based on the stage, there may be advantages to one or the other based on stage design.

Haha, a bayonet is not required! Very creative and because of that post we actually went back and looked at our stage designs to figure out if we could incorporate something that involved a bayonet.

Vtac is a great sling and another option would be the Armageddon Gear carbine sling which I personally use http://www.armageddongear.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=75 It works great for stages that have a lot of movement i.e. climbing, crawling, pulling, vehicles etc.

I keep wanting to pull off an Aussie style rappel during a match, I'll even bring the Sterling or MP5. Just can't make the logistics work in a regular stage. However, if John will do it, I'll double my efforts for nest year. Maybe as a side shoot?????

I keep wanting to pull off an Aussie style rappel during a match, I'll even bring the Sterling or MP5. Just can't make the logistics work in a regular stage. However, if John will do it, I'll double my efforts for nest year. Maybe as a side shoot?????

Andy you have my word, John WILL do it. We may have to give him a blue gun, and duct tape the bottle of bourbon to his arm, but he'll do it.

Would definitely separate the boy from the men. (Lead_Dispenser????) I would be all over it, my insurance is all paid up.

Great news Andy...there's no need to agonize over your efforts b/c there's not a snowball's chance of me doing that!

And while I applaud Dave for the creativity, there ain't enough bourbon in Kentucky to persuade me! Heck, even if we were rappelling INTO a barrel of Woodford I'd still take a zero on the stage.

Alright I'm all signed up for my first TFD. Had to miss BRM last year so this will be my "make up" match. Looking forward to this one.

One question, will there be a zero range? March weather in MN can be questionable at best. So it's possible that our local ranges might still be inaccessible.

Hello folks, sorry for the lack of communication lately, but please be assured that we have been working very hard putting everything together for this years match. Shot Show was great and very beneficial to say the least. It seems that the word has spread with regards to the Task Force Dagger 3-Gun Championship. I had numerous people stop me to talk about it and ask if "what they heard" was true with regards to the fun but very challenging stages.

The biggest thing that took place was the fact that ADAMS ARMS has signed on as the "TITLE MATCH SPONSOR"!! I think that it is safe to say that everyone has seen what Adams Arms has done for the sport over the past couple of years. Not to mention the fact that they have supported the Task Force Dagger Foundation as well as the 3GN/TFD Wounded Warrior 3-Gun team in a big way. They want to go BIG this year for this event and we are looking forward to working with them over the next 2 months to bring everyone a great experience that cannot be forgotten.

Please get over to their website and check out their new products when you have a chance (especially their new C.O.R.) http://www.adamsarms.net/

We also have a very exciting event planned to kick off the match this year which will take place immediately following the shooter meeting on Friday morning. You won't want to miss it!

Mike

Okay folks, we were initially not going to announce how we are going to kick off the match this year and let it be a cool surprise, but we decided to let everyone know.

We will be having the shooters meeting Friday morning at 0730 and immediately following the army Silver Wings will be jumping (free falling) into the match with a huge American flag. This should be very cool and something for everyone to enjoy and remember.

With that being said don't be late to the shooters meeting Friday morning!

We have also updated the match website www.tfd3g.com with this information. We will also have the stage designs posted soon. We are going over them now for final touches.

Hope everyone is as excited as we are for this years match!

Mike