Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get the correct 2011 trigger fit for my finger

zdog

Good question, I have a SV with the inserts, I'm still fishing around looking for the best insert that will help me with pull the trigger straight to the rear. So far my best is the top bend Enos, and is not the perfect one. If I'm not thinking about it and get in a rush, here goes the jerking and pulling. Need more tigger time working on this for sure.

I'm with Jcarpenter.

I really don't think changing the length or curve of your trigger is going to cure the pain you are experiencing.

Also, IMO, you shouldnt need your trigger to be the perfect shape/length/etc. to prevent jerking or steering the gun.

However, there is nothing wrong with having a preference. I like short flat triggers (and I have gorrila hands).

Have you tested that your trigger finger is consistently falling onto the center of the trigger - not near the top or bottom of the trigger?

Also experiment with undercutting the bottom of the trigger guard to raise where your finger falls, or alternatively glueing a spacer under the trigger guard to lower your finger.

My short fingers also require grinding away the sharp corner of the grip just behind the trigger.

Have you tested that your trigger finger is consistently falling onto the center of the trigger - not near the top or bottom of the trigger?

Also experiment with undercutting the bottom of the trigger guard to raise where your finger falls, or alternatively glueing a spacer under the trigger guard to lower your finger.

My short fingers also require grinding away the sharp corner of the grip just behind the trigger.

Thanks for the ideas. After test firing the pistol today it looks like the flat trigger has solved most of my problems. I didn't realize till today that I actually had a callus on the side of my trigger finger tip that the bottom of the old curved trigger was causing. Now it I could just go fast and hit what I aim at.......

Not to hijack this thread but how do you like those flat triggers. I would think it would feel funny.

After switching to the flat trigger the calus on my trigger finger is gone.

Edited by zdog