Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taurus 24/7 OSS PRD legal or no?

Patrick Scott

Is the Taurus 24/7 OSS legal(USPSA PRD)?

From the PRD gun list:

1004991_10202005808337093_1687602580_n.j

From what I understand(correct me if I am wrong) the OSS has both a safety and a decocker, how does that fit the listing?

Taurus lists the OSS at 32.5oz.

The OSS has a longer barrel and slide than a "normal" 24/7 like a G34 vs G17 which are listed as different guns, why are these not listed like that?

Edited by Patrick Scott

It looks like the OSS model is not on the list, therefore it is not legal for Production division, if they were on the list they would be listed separately like the G26-G19-G17-G34

The line at the bottom of the listing is to make sure that if in the future the manufacturer made a version of one of the listed pistols that was single action only it would not be legal for production. Like CZ that has regular da/sa 75's and sao75's one is legal the other is not but both are 75's

Mike

Well all I can say is the rules say not legal. I think the whole "production" aspect of the division has been lost a bit and I think it would be easier to simplify the rules as a set of easy to define features that the crono crew could check manual and visually without having to have any knowledge of the model in question.

Mike

Talked to John Amidon today. He said the paperwork was filed a few weeks ago. He tried to update the website but for some reason it's locking up on him. Didn't realize till yesterday that it wasn't on the website. It has been approved and legal for Production. Working with the web guys to try and figure out what the hang up is with updating the page.

Nope. And yes, the EII's were out of production.

I was asking because I shot one once at our range and thought they might make a decent house gun if I were to buy a few.

Hadn't seen one at the lgs in quite some time. Counter guy said they couldn't get them anymore.

Talked to John Amidon today. He said the paperwork was filed a few weeks ago. He tried to update the website but for some reason it's locking up on him. Didn't realize till yesterday that it wasn't on the website. It has been approved and legal for Production. Working with the web guys to try and figure out what the hang up is with updating the page.

One more thing Chuck. I call BS. 100% this is a lie. The portion of the website that holds the production approved guns list is an HTML Table. If the web guy USPSA hired cannot add text to an HTML table and upload it to an ftp server. Please fire him ASAP. Lying to us to cover a mistake is BS. Adding a gun to the table and uploading would literally take seconds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

One more thing Chuck. I call BS. 100% this is a lie. The portion of the website that holds the production approved guns list is an HTML Table. If the web guy USPSA hired cannot add text to an HTML table and upload it to an ftp server. Please fire him ASAP. Lying to us to cover a mistake is BS. Adding a gun to the table and uploading would literally take seconds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm relaying what John Amidon told me. He has never lied to me before. He is the one who tried to update the list. He thought it updated, it didn't. By the time he discovered the error it was mid Nationals. The guy you just suggested we fire was unavailable because his father was in the hospital with a medical condition that is none of your business. The guy that we would use as his backup was also in the hospital.

Personally I believe John. He has absolutely no reason to lie about this. Why would he even care to? And to be very blunt. I'm getting very tired of people on this forum accusing BOD members of lying, coverups, etc. I have yet to see any of that in my short time on the BOD.

If you want to accuse me of lying you had plenty of opportunity to do it in person last night or at any point during the match. Instead you wait until you are safely behind a keyboard. Grow up.

I never saw you but gladly would have told you how I felt. This is the 2nd time in a calendar year that q sponsored shooter had been given special treatment. You also said you used to let ppl borrow the gun to shoot production yet it was just approved. Proof you either don't tell the truth or don't follow the rules. Your words Chuck not mine<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk<br /><br />