Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Walking Dead Season 4

Shooter115

Until the last episode you you not have known it came from a comic book. Then came the comic book characters.

Tell me you didn't get excited when Glenn punched out Abraham?

I got excited because I thought big red was going to get up and break him in half!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Daryl and Beth were gonna hookup last night when they were buzzed.

Why would they burn down the house at night instead of waiting until daylight? I guess they were caught in the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is the housekeeper has her. The housekeeper got the dog there, then later got the walkers to the front door. Beth is now held at the house they showed in previews for next week on Talking Dead. Probably some lonely guy with a daughter who wants Beth to be a step mom.

Kinda freaky seeing that girl playing tag with a walker.

Did NOT see that shit coming. KRAZY!! Whatever you do, do NOT look at the flowers. At least Carol and Tyrese are moving forward.

DAMMIT!!! Only 2 episodes left this season. :(

Edited by remoandiris

Yeah, that was pretty messed up, but what choice did Carol really have?

None. I told the wife during the episode where she almost smothered Judith (which none of the survivors actually saw) that Lizzy is psychotic and should be put down. At the time she thought I was just cruel and heartless......

Wow is right. At first I was ticked off at here for her idiotic "she just wanted to be my friend" comment. But when she killed Mica it was obvious and casually made the comment that the baby was next it was like a light bulb going off in my head. All those small animals she killed, the bunnies should have seen it sooner.

After it was over I just sat there for a while not knowing what to think. Best episode yet.

Edited by agalindo

So I went to dentist this morning, cleaning room is covered in flowers. I says, "Did you see walking dead last night?" The entire place, "Do NOT say a word, it's all over Facebook!!"

• 2 weeks later...

The most brutal part of the show was Rick biting out a nice section of Joe's jugular and carotid and then stabbing Dan to death in the cruelest form ever.

On Talking Dead, they said that season 5 is going to be like a nuclear bomb going off, I can't wait for the fall.

Edited by GreenDragon64

Yup. Terminus bad ju ju. Should have split group and sent half in. Lack of persec in the show kills me....scouts and over watch.

Agreed, the tactics and planning leaves a lot to be desired. I guess a lot of that is because for the most part they are bunch of civilians with little military experience making it up as they go along.

You'd think they would learn from experience though. Having already been over run at the farm, they should have had a better plan in place in case they needed to displace from the prison. The bus was a step in the right direction, but a couple of designated rally points with pre-positioned supplies would have eliminated most of the problems in the second half of the season.

Edited by fyresq

Yup. They had a bus. They had a machine shop in the prison. Did they up armor it? Nope.

They had a bus. No rally point. What was the plan? Find the dam bus down that road when it runs out of gas?

Governor already showed once with vehicles, why were boards with nails not put in a spot with overlapping fields of fire?

Zero. Absolute zero opsec or ability to adapt to known past attacks.

Being an old infantry/scout ruins parts of the show.

Boards with nails are a good idea. There are a lot of other things that could be done too, defense in depth is the key. Punji sticks or even Burmese man traps on likely dismounted avenues of approach, dragons teeth on the roads, ect. Obstacles could be created form logs, junk vehicles, pickets and barbed wire from a Tractor Supply store, ect could be used to slow and approach or force the enemy into kill sack.

I'm sure they could have found a dozer sitting around somewhere and an dug an anti-tank ditch around the perimeter which would have created choke points for any vehicles and also gone a long way towards keeping the walkers back from the fences.

Everyone should have had a designated fighting position with fields of fire based on their weapon and abilities along with alternates and fall back positions. You could even pre-stock them with ammo and water incase of a extended siege.

Some simple IEDs filled with nails, pipe bombs, or Molotov cocktails would have been pretty easy to put together. You'd have to check any booby traps periodically though because I'm sure walkers would occasionally stumble into them and any IED would need to be command detonated.

Keeping a small QRF on standby and regular patrols outside the wire to check the defenses and look for any potential enemy scouts would have been a good idea also.

The biggest problem would have been the tank, especially since they didn't know it was coming, but here are ways to deal with it.

Again though, we are looking at a group with no military experience, the best they have is a mentally unstable former deputy and a guy who has done a little tracking and hunting. The rest are a bunch of yuppies, soccer moms, and kids who might have played a little Call of Duty. Not to belittle anyone who has never served, but things that might be obvious to guys like me, you, Sarge or other vets may not even occur to them.