Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Area 5 Dates

The kind of range surface that can break your ankle :o:P:lol:

Didnt David step in a hole that was getting dug out from everybody stopping there? Was it raining and muddy also?

I like that answer Chuck - I told him you said that :)

No, he didn't step in a hole, he rolled off of the gravel on the range that went uphill. So one side of his foot went up, and the other went waaaay down :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah! You'll note that I didn't "out" you as one of the slacker ROs who took a break for lunch. ;)

I really did think it was an excellent match. I would have enjoyed it even more had we not been in a freakin' outdoor steamroom all day, but you can't have everything, right?

I think all big matches should be held between 01 October and 31 March!

Sounds like the old RHINO to me. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hello All

You got a real noob coming down to shoot on Saturday :o

This will be my first big match really looking forward to it

Just need to remember site picture site picture site picture

• 1 month later...

I'm confused. I'm looking at the match application and I see that you can choose to shoot Thursday with staff, Friday, (clear so far) or Sat AM / Sun AM, or Sat PM / Sun PM. My reading of this is that if you want to shot on the weekend you have to shoot both days. I would imagine that I am wrong since last year the match was run so well that we were done in half a day, but the application does not indicate to circle your prefered time to shoot. Can someone clarify what the schedule is?

Brett

I had the same question. I did see that they will be using the Self Squadding feature for Area 5 so it really doesn't matter what you put on the application. You will receive your confirmation and password via e-mail and you pick at that time.

The Self Squadding feature is pretty cool, im still trying to find a mailing address for the range so I can program my GPS.

Less then a week I can’t wait.

Robert,

The Self Squadding feature is pretty cool, im still trying to find a mailing address for the range so I can program my GPS.

Less then a week I can’t wait.

Robert,

The range doesn't have a mailing address of which I am aware that would be anywhere close to a lat/lon co-ordinate. I'll try to get them tomorrow via OnStar and let you know.

How about the old fashioned way? B)

I 75 S through Cinncinati to I-71 S to Lousiville, KY take I-65 N to exit 7 ramp Hamburg exit - take a left off the exit this is Hwy 60. Take Hwy 60 approximately 3 miles range is on the left with Large Conservation Sign @ the entrance - Yellow Gate.

PS Range is across the river in Indiana not Louisville

My question above is about the Area 5 match. I think we're talking about two different matches in this thread. Maybe my question isn't clear. If you plan to shoot on the weekend, what's the format - one day or two day?

Brett

So, to get this correct, if I were to sign up for a Saturday shoot, I would have to shoot 5 stages on Saturday, then shoot 5 stages Sunday also? I am afraid this may shy several shooters away, due to doubling the expense to shoot the match.

How about the old fashioned way?  B)

I 75 S through Cinncinati to I-71 S to Lousiville, KY take I-65 N to exit 7 ramp Hamburg exit - take a left off the exit this is Hwy 60. Take Hwy 60 approximately 3 miles range is on the left with Large Conservation Sign @ the entrance - Yellow Gate.

Thanks, I don’t know how you old timers ever made it :P

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder....... When you look at the Self Squadding matrix for Area 5 it looks like it will be the standard setup of a one day match. Why else would they have Sunday as an option?

How about the old fashioned way?  B)

Thanks, I don’t know how you old timers ever made it :P

OLD TIMER!!!

I DON'T RESEMBLE THAT REMARK :lol::lol::lol:

"Note to self" One procedural for Robert B):ph34r: