Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore and Classifiers

Mark R

Now that the BOD has approved Practiscore as an official scoring program for USPSA sanctioned matches effective 1 Feb 2014, does anyone have an idea how the classifiers will be submitted from Practiscore to USPSA?

Will the Practiscore guys have to make a report for this to happen? Practiscore.com results to USPSA? Other?

Yep the direct report functionality is almost done (if not already done). It'll be live in time for the new rule book to take place.

So an updated version of the software will have to be in place on all devices to make this happen.... correct?

BC

If PractiScore is going to support direct upload of classifiers the way the classifier stages are setup needs to be changed. Currently you have to manually setup the classifier stage in PractiScore and if you don't configure it correctly EzWinScore will not recognize it at an offiical Classifier. This sucks for some clubs, because if they don't catch this stage configuration mistake before uploading the results they will not get a valid classifier submitted.

The PractiScore team needs to make the use of Classifiers as monkey proof as possible within the software. When building stages there should be a "Classifier?" question and when that is selected you pick from a list of known released classifiers by their number (CM 99-11, for example) and then the software uses a known valid configuration of that classifer to configure that stage automatically. That way its impossible for a classifier stage to be configured incorrectly.

If PractiScore is going to support direct upload of classifiers the way the classifier stages are setup needs to be changed. Currently you have to manually setup the classifier stage in PractiScore and if you don't configure it correctly EzWinScore will not recognize it at an offiical Classifier. This sucks for some clubs, because if they don't catch this stage configuration mistake before uploading the results they will not get a valid classifier submitted.

The PractiScore team needs to make the use of Classifiers as monkey proof as possible within the software. When building stages there should be a "Classifier?" question and when that is selected you pick from a list of known released classifiers by their number (CM 99-11, for example) and then the software uses a known valid configuration of that classifer to configure that stage automatically. That way its impossible for a classifier stage to be configured incorrectly.

Have you emailed Ken or the Practiscore folks about this? Sounds like a good idea to me. Ken has been incredibly willing to make needed changes. He just has to know they are needed.

Have you emailed Ken or the Practiscore folks about this? Sounds like a good idea to me. Ken has been incredibly willing to make needed changes. He just has to know they are needed.

Just sent him an e-mail on it.

Can it pick a classifier for me to use, too? :roflol:

Just kiddin'

When entering a classifier now in Practiscore, if you check the "Classfier" checkbox in stage design, there is a field that appears and all you need to do is enter the classifier ID....i.e. 99-45 without the CM in front.

Can it pick a classifier for me to use, too? :roflol:

Just kiddin'

When entering a classifier now in Practiscore, if you check the "Classfier" checkbox in stage design, there is a field that appears and all you need to do is enter the classifier ID....i.e. 99-45 without the CM in front.

unfortunately, this box doesn't come up with a list of classifiers, at least for me it doesn't. The hot setup would be a drop down selection that pre filled the scoring type, string and target definitions for that classifier, just like in ezwin.

Stuff like that is really easier to track when it is posted to https://practiscore.com/bugs/

On a side note, does anyone has a list or better an Excel spreadsheet with all classifiers configuration?

PS: you probably emailed Ken personally, I haven't seen any new emails from you Charlie...

Stuff like that is really easier to track when it is posted to https://practiscore.com/bugs/

On a side note, does anyone has a list or better an Excel spreadsheet with all classifiers configuration?

PS: you probably emailed Ken personally, I haven't seen any new emails from you Charlie...

If PractiScore is partnering with USPSA for match scoring, USPSA should be the ones providing classifier stage setup data to the PractiScore team. Setting up this kind of dialog with USPSA is the only way it will work properly going forward. Classifiers are retired or released at random times by USPSA and when that happens it shouldnt be a situation where PractiScore finds out after the fact.

Eventually I expect that USPSA will be the conduit for information of this type. However, it's been less than a week since we voted to do this. Gonna take a bit to get someone at USPSA designated to get everything Practiscore needs. Especially with just about everyone, decision making wise, heading for or in Tulsa. In the mean time, the link Eugene posted is the best way for suggestions to get where they need to go.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifier-list.php

List from there is not enough for populating stage configuration. I'd have to look trough individual classifiers and fill in stage parameters for each of them... a time consuming task.

• 2 weeks later...

It may, but I can't say for sure without seeing it. It will help if someone could export it to csv or excel...

I spent some time trying to find that info in the latest EZWinscore install, but it is well hidden. I think your best bet is to contact USPSA. SInce you are now an official scoring program, they shouldn't have any problem providing you with that information.

List from there is not enough for populating stage configuration. I'd have to look trough individual classifiers and fill in stage parameters for each of them... a time consuming task.

What specific format do you need for the classifier CSV or Excel file in order to import it? If you'll provide the format I'll work with you to get the data into the application. If you can attach an excel file that would be great.

I've created a match with all 80+ classifiers in it. I created it using the list of classifiers from the USPSA web site. It only took a couple of hours and I did it between passing out candy to trick-or-treaters. If anyone wants a copy let me know and I'll export and send it to you through email.

Zack sent me his classifier match and I performed a 100% review of every single stage. Some edits were needed but now the match is 100% accurate per the defined WSB's. This match also includes the new 13-xx classifiers that were just released as well. I tried to attach just the .psc file to this post but it wouldn't let me. So I put it in a zip folder and attached the zip. If you download the file you will have to unzip the .psc file and use that to upload into PractiScore.

Classifier Match.ZIP

What good is having a match with all the classifiers in it? You need to get a single classifier out of this match and into your current match. How would that be accomplished in Practiscore?

The idea is to have a clean set of classifiers that can be used by the Practiscore development team to import/use into incorporate into the application. They would need to build in the capability to select a classifier and add it to a new match but at least some of the work has been done.

Understand that part of it Zack...just wondering why Chalee put the download here for all to get. It's not really needed by the masses here. He needs to send it to the Practiscore guys, namely Eugene.