Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 question.

sasquatch981

So I am new to glocks, but got a (new to me) Glock 34 gen4. It has a vanek trigger, and a 12lb recoil spring. I have noticed when dry firing, that when I pull the trigger and striker goes click, if I keep my finger on the trigger pressed back (to shoot the reset of the trigger) rack the slide again, that the slide is very "loose and rattely", Once I let the trigger reset the slide seems to lock up tight again. Is this normal. I never noticed this on my M&P's before. Just curious.

your increased power trigger spring is playing tug of war with the 12# recoil spring that's why your not getting full battery. Try putting the battleship grey stock trigger spring back in and see what happens or use the lower hole in the cruciform not the top one that they drilled in. From there we can trouble shoot on how to get the break you want because this will change it but at least you'll know what the issue is. I may be a loose slide to frame fit too.

I rack the slide and dry fire. IMO, don't keep your finger on the trigger. You don't do that with live fire, you let the trigger reset.

In a way, you do. In live fire, the slide will racks and complete the cycle before you release the trigger...so it's the same feel when you keep the finger on the trigger and then release it after you rack the slide. With Glocks, it's good practice to do this as you want to release the trigger just enough for it to reset. You don't need to release the trigger all the way before you can fire the next round.

With Glocks, it's good practice to do this as you want to release the trigger just enough for it to reset. You don't need to release the trigger all the way before you can fire the next round.

Is this the same trigger feel as live fire? I've never done it this way.

With Glocks, it's good practice to do this as you want to release the trigger just enough for it to reset. You don't need to release the trigger all the way before you can fire the next round.

Is this the same trigger feel as live fire? I've never done it this way.

yes it is. After you fire the round just slowly release the trigger until you fill the click of it resetting. it's no different then when you dry fire. To the OP, it's hard to tell whether it's normal without seeing your pistol first hand. The tolerances on Glock's are night as tight as other higher end pistols. I'v owned 5-6 different glock's a few of the same model and i could tell minor, minor differences in wiggle room on some of the parts. I would say most likely that it's allright. If your gut is telling you it shouldn't be like that then take it to a shop and have someone look at it.

Just a tip. If you use dummy rounds, to save you time from having to eject and pick them up after each dry fire, after you dry fire, keep your finger on the trigger and pull the slide back just half an inch or so. It doesn't have to go back far to reset the trigger and it won't eject the dummy round. So you can essentially just keep one dummy round in the chamber and keep resetting it.