Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Brownells 3 Gun Amateur and Junior National Championships

Update on Blazing Saddles.

Went there tonight with the wife and ordered a steak. KC Strip was awesome. Tender and juicy. Excellent flavor. Got mashed potatoes and gravy and slaw as sides, texas toast is included. Everything was great! Highly recommended. They have several other cuts of steak as well depending on what you like.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been getting a few inquiries about the match.

It's still ON

It will be at our range near Versailles. MOVED from the range near Fayette.

The stages are all drawn.

We will be posting them soon.

There are some slots still available. Send in your reg. soon.

http://amateur3gunnationals.com/?attachment_id=178

Edited by toothandnail

Any out of state/ long distance RO's contact me, we will have a room for you at the local motel,( I have 6 beds-3 rooms for you) about 10 minutes from the range. I need to know how many(if your spouse is coming) or if you have another RO you wish to room with.

The local RO's will shoot Saturday Sept 20, out of state RO's Thursday Sept 25, finish Fri morning if necessary, range will be cold from noon Fri, til the match starts Sat.

ALSO

The Western Hills Motel has 21 rooms available, twin Pines has 20 rooms,(the 2 closest hotels) they are holding ALL rooms for this event until Sept 13, after that it's FCFS

tell them you are with the

Brownells 3 Gun Amateur National Championship, you won't get a room with the secret code. ;)

Edited by toothandnail

Any out of state/ long distance RO's contact me, we will have a room for you at the local motel,( I have 6 beds-3 rooms for you) about 10 minutes from the range. I need to know how many(if your spouse is coming) or if you have another RO you wish to room with.

The local RO's will shoot Saturday Sept 20, out of state RO's Thursday Sept 25, finish Fri morning if necessary, range will be cold from noon Fri, til the match starts Sat.

ALSO

The Western Hills Motel has 21 rooms available, twin Pines has 20 rooms,(the 2 closest hotels) they are holding ALL rooms for this event until Sept 13, after that it's FCFS

Brownells 3 Gun Amateur National Championship, you won't get a room with the secret code. ;)

What is the name of the local hotel that you refer to above? and Do I understand it right, that you will be making the reservations for out of state RO's?

If so, I believe Scott has already contacted you.

ALSO

What is the name of the local hotel that you refer to above? and Do I understand it right, that you will be making the reservations for out of state RO's?

Yes, Scott has contacted me.

Western Hills Motel is in Versailles, about 10 minutes(9 miles) from the range

ALSO

Yes, Scott has contacted me.

Western Hills Motel is in Versailles, about 10 minutes(9 miles) from the range

Thank you.

Pretty much, we are working with the previous MD's, but they have other work related conflicts which will limit their ability to do some of the necessary setup activities.

We have been holding monthly 3gun matches at our range, and have worked as RO's at the Midwest match, the Am-national, as well as the monthly 3gun at the CMMG range in Fayette.

Here are the pics of the range as promised. The panorama was taken from the tower shown in one of the pictures.

We have a bunch of parking for RV's and trailers. The parking area and bays are always mowed up and kept nice. The white fence divides the parking from the range area. We do allow cars and trucks to go through the white fence and head in park for the day to make traveling to the bays easier. Once you park there your car stays until you are done for the day.

The range was built in late April and we are trying to get the grass established in the bays. The range slopes downhill so there is excellent drainage. No standing in water resetting steel if it rains.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We are here to stay and plan on hosting more and more 3-gun in the future.

post-49143-0-95514200-1408481507_thumb.j

post-49143-0-35215800-1408481730_thumb.j

post-49143-0-88277000-1408481830_thumb.j

Do we need to bring a cart to haul our stuff or are all the bays close together where we can just work out of our vehicles?

As EZ said, best if you bring a cart, bays are all close, about 300 yds end to end. Shooters can park close to the bay, but need to leave the vehicle in place for the day, not enough room for a bunch of vehicles trying to swap spaces between stages.

Edited by toothandnail