Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Cup

Alan550

What a loss to all of us and the Action Shooting Probgram. I remember the passion he had for the sport that all of us love.

My prayers to Lyn and family, his spirit will live with us all forever!

Kim M. Beckwith

ZERO AMMUNITION

Hi Fellow AP shooters

For those that don't already know John Cameron passed away on Sat 14th May [NZ time}. The funeral is on 19th May at 11am @ Mt Eden Community Church.

Auckland NZ.I will be attending and if you wish to send messages to Lynn and family you are most welcome to send them to my e-mail via the site.A lot of you will have my address anyway.

Goldfields shooter

coatesi@xtra.co.nz

i just got back from Johns funeral, a full church of people that dearly miss him

many people spoke, all with great respect and love for him, Hud spoke so well and so did Lynn especially how much they enjoyed the freinds they made in the US.

johns mother also told of a naughty little boy and the mischeif he caused (if you can imagine it).

Karl your dad spoke really well for you, our fellings go out to you NZers who couldnt be there, richard, grant & helen and the many of friends John had in nz, ken taps letter was really appreacated.

You all would have been so proud to see freinds come from all over NZ to pay john our repsect. guys from whangarei hamilton thames.

we'll miss you john but never be able to forget

Brentm

I have an idea but I'm going to need your help. As most of you know there is an International Award given to the highest placing international competitor at Bianchi. I'd like to see that change to something like "The John Cameron Memorial International Award". John made such a tremendous impact on our sport and all of us that we need to do something. We need to discuss it at the shooters meeting and then I can get it added to the committee's agenda and get it done. What do you all think?

Kevin

I have an idea but I'm going to need your help. As most of you know there is an International Award given to the highest placing international competitor at Bianchi. I'd like to see that change to something like "The John Cameron Memorial International Award". John made such a tremendous impact on our sport and all of us that we need to do something. We need to discuss it at the shooters meeting and then I can get it added to the committee's agenda and get it done. What do you all think?

Kevin

Oh, hell yes! That is a fine and most appropriate way to honor Johns memory and contributions to AP. Although I'd never be eligible for it I believe it would an honor to earn and receive such a trophy.

Kevin,

You won't get any arguement from anyone I know over that idea. So we will talk later I am sure, I will let Karl know what you are up to. He spoke with Vera Koo earlier today and they are cooking something up that I can't disclose at present.

Brent,

Glad everything went well at the funeral. Sorry we couldn't make it. I was not looking forward to it, but knew it was coming. We will be toasting John at Grant's tonight, thankls for the good wishes. RM

If Kimber Kid is about,

We are not going to get to Winamac, firstly Karl's wife has hurt her ankle (nothing serious but Karl was not keen and leaving her here in Columbia without transport), secondly we have run out of time to do some of the things we needed done to head up there. So please pass on our sincere apologies to Jim and all. I was honestly looking forward to getting up there and meet all the guys again, but alas it is not to be.

:(

to all who attended johns funeral great one people we wish we could have been there our selves but we couldnt john will always be in our hearts, and watching over us looking at those good solid fives and also looking to se us hittting 1920, the other thing is i wont be able to get those free beers per match off him oh well ishi will have to do, all things aside i was proud to call john one of the finest friends i had and we will all miss him

love karl peter ann iris tashy warren and tiffy

ps the beers will flow in honour

pps coatesi have one down at the local for me ( the great maui )

have an idea but I'm going to need your help. As most of you know there is an International Award given to the highest placing international competitor at Bianchi. I'd like to see that change to something like "The John Cameron Memorial International Award". John made such a tremendous impact on our sport and all of us that we need to do something. We need to discuss it at the shooters meeting and then I can get it added to the committee's agenda and get it done. What do you all think?

Kevin

Excellent idea! But what about the "John Cameron Memorial Revolver Award"?

John was a first class wheel burner and why not recognize him as such?

GM,

You would know better than I. The last time I saw John, he was sporting his big nasty wheel thing. 2002 or 2003, I don't recall.

It must have been a recent change and, at least from my experience, it is much more difficult to shoot a big score with a wheel gun than an auto. Others may disagree, but if it where easier, no one would have switched to the dark side. :P

Any thing to honor John is fitting, considering his accomplishments.

Kevin,

{John Cameron Award}

Great idea! See if the NRA will "rename" the existing INTERNATIONAL AWARD to the JOHN CAMERON AWARD for the Highest score fired by a non-US citizen.

It is unlikely that the NRA can or will act fast enough for this to happen for 2005 BC. Maybe not even 2006. I'm sure the awards are already crafted anyway.

and if not, then...

Grant et ux,

In the past the NRA has given a small amount of time to 'entities' who wanted to give an award at the Cup. For years there was an unofficial Mickey Fowler Award and the is the famous SKIRT Award. These are unofficial, yet are permitted at the banquet.

BC has a CUP, Reinholt has a MUG. Let's come up with something....Bowl, Plate, BEER Bottle or something to be used for the John Cameron Award. If the NRA for whatever reason can not do this, then we can do it ala the Fowler and the Skirt awards. As long as it is in good spirits (there's that Beer coming out again) and for the good of the shooting sports, I can not imagine we can not get a couple of minutes of air time at the BC banquet.

GRANT, if you have the time and the ability to come up with something over the next few days (via DSport) I will contribute up to $50 personally for a 2005 John Cameron Award. How about the JOHN CAMERON "BEYANKEE" AWARD or "BEATAYANKEE" Award for the shooter who comes to the USA from NZ or AU to kick YANKEE buts, i.e high scoring shooter from NZ or AU? I think John would get a chuckle out of that! Grant, can you do it? I'll commit to $50 for 2005 year if Grant and DSport can come up with something.

Would a collection for "Mumsie" be appropriate from those who wish to donate? Clearly money will not cure wounds and heal pain, but John provided for Mumsie and I think he would appreciate us chipping in a bit for her on his behalf. (Although John has been known to say he kept Mumsie working to buy him reloading supplies) This is just a thought, and forgive me if it is considered improper by our friends from around the globe. Lyn and family have many hurdles to cross in the future. I'm sure that a small (or large) contribution from many of us would make some of those challenges a bit easier.

Martin

p.s. Grant, if you need a formal commitment from me call my cell 703 932 2707

Martin,

Excellent ideas all. I have spoken with Grant about a way to honour John and we have yet to decide on something. Grant is overly busy with a number of things and I would hate to volunteer him for more.

Vera K has already put a collection idea to Karl and I am not sure where we stand at present. I am all for it.

A whole heap of people have been coming up to us and passing on their condolances, it just shows how many people John touched.

SRT.

John switched to an auto mid 2003. He was shooting it no more than 3 weeks before he passed.

I'm posting this for Lyn, aka Mumsie -

I can't remember how I got on to the Forum page last time but I wonder

if  you would be kind enough to place on there what I think John would

have appreciated more than an International Award in his name.

This is Mumsie aka John Cameron's wife.  I have read the really nice

remarks etc from all you  guys about John and your thoughts on a

Memorial for him. And I thank you for  your love and admiration of and

for him.

John was passionate about 2 things in regard to Action Pistol other than

winning the old man event and beer off Karl Piper.

Encouraging women and youngsters. It  was this that he stood and spoke

up for at the last Bianchi NRA shooters meeting.

I would respectfully suggest that if an award was sanctioned then have

it go to a youngster, male or female of ANY country.  Because that is

what John was after.  Encouraging kids to join and be the shooters to

follow in your footsteps and keep the sport he loved alive.

Regards and God Bless

Lyn Cameron

• 3 weeks later...

For those who don't know, we took up a collection in honor of John Cameron at this years Bianchi Cup. I would like to personally thank all of those who donated, and for all of the kind wishes that were passed on from one and all to members of the New Zealand team. We raised a total of $1320 US. All proceeds will go to John’s wife Lyn.

If anyone who did not know about the collection would still like to contribute, drop me an email through this sight and I will set it up.

Thanks again to all.

GrantJ

• 1 month later...

I received this good news from Lyn today:

Dear Brian

I wondered if you would again assist me. I am not sure if you have been following the web site where you kindly posted my comments on the Snr award. If you have you will see where there has been mention of a collection in honor of John to be passed to me.

I would like to thank the many people who have contributed. I don't know who you all are but I am deeply humbled and quite frankly stuck for words and as John would tell you, that is an unusual situation!

I also want to thank you all for voting that the Snr Award be named for John. I received the following letter from the Secretary of the NRA.

The National Rifle Association of America would like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to you and your late husband John.  As such, the NRA Action Pistol Committee has approved the official title for "The Senior Award" given at the NRA Bianchi Cup National Pistol Championship.  The new title will be "The John Cameron Memorial Senior Award"in commemoration of your husbands' support to the NRA Action Pistol Program. 

John's helpful attitude made such an impression on those he assisted that we felt it necessary to write and thank you.  His actions were commendable and deserving of the highest recognition.

In earlier years, actions such as John's were often considered common place.  In recent years, the attitude of our great nation has changed in ways to make us busy, or apprehensive at times, that we often do not even take the time to extend our gratitude.

People like John are proof that a helpful, giving spirit is still alive and well.

Respectfully

Edward J Land Jr.

God Bless you all

Lyn Cameron AKA Mumsie.