Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That darn elevation screw!

Foxbat

This has been beat to near death before, but want to hear the latest from folks.

The elevation screw on a gun, that is just a few months old, just doesn't want to stay put... it's been getting progressively worse, now it is to the point that I have to reset it after just 50-60 rounds. Fortunately I remember its correct position - 1 o'clock... so I just use the screwdriver with the gun still in the holster, between the stages.

This is ridiculous. Anyone talked to C-More about this lately?

I tighten the set screw till I am afraid the driver will strip... but like a clockwork, give it 60 rounds and instead of 1 it is looking at 3 o'clock!

An aluminum Cmore will fix that ... unfortunately ...

Seems that screws on plastic is not such a great idea after all ... Who knew ...

But only seems to 'affect' certain batches/models/years ... I have 3 plastic ones and two have issues, one doesn't ... The Al one has been rock solid

Got email from C-More, they are sending a replacement screw, and if that does not help, I will send them the sight.

I don't think this is plastic-vs-aluminum issue, as I had many plastic sights before, with no problems.

• 1 month later...

I had this problem with two of my C-mores and it was not even solved after I sent them back to the factory for repairs (both scopeswere less than 3 months old). The solution I have found is sort of weird, but it works as I have not lost zero in 8 months. I zero the scope and put blue lock tight on the set screw, then I paint over the adjustment screw of both the elevation and windage set screws with about 3 coats of clear nail polish (making sure I get in to the sides). Removal is easy, use a non acetone nail polish remover when and if you need to make adjustments. I don't know if it is the greatest solution but it beats having a gun that you have doubt in.

Same issue with elevation screw. I don't have a thousand rounds through the gun and I'm losing zero in about 5 shots of MINOR. I'm pissed!

This is my 3rd Cmore and I never had fits like this. Was thinking of going the RTS route, but after this BS, I might make the switch to a Deltapoint. I'm not happy about switching because I'm so accustomed to the plastic Cmore. Will try blue loctite, but that's some more BS of a band aid than a remedy

Never had a problem with the elevation screw. My problem on two C-Mores was the windage adjustment. I ended up putting a tiny flat washer under the lock screw and have not had a problem since. It keeps it from bottoming out and remains tight.