Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Production G34

saibot

Glad to see I'm not crazy I've turned that stupid screw seems like a million times and poi won't change alway about 5 in high at only 15 yards

What size front fiber optic did you buy? I've got a Dawson rear adjustable and front fiber optic height of .300 No issues adjusting the Dawson to exactly where I want.

i have this rear sight might be different from yours

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=1710000-1093363057

and i have a 100 wide and 335 tall fiber optic front sight i have turned the adjustment screw from all the way out to all the way down on the slide and did the same with another person . the change in rear sight elevation didnt change point of impact for neither of us. gun shoots a good group and shot good with the stock sight but the darn stock plastic one wouldnt stay put able to push out with index finger.

I have the Dawson adjustables and i absolutely love them but just like everyone else they shoot a few inches high. I have them on a g17 with the .285 front. I don't know how they can recommend that front sight height when literally everyone i know who has these sights shoot high. Great sights though, the quality of them is definately really nice and they certainly look slick on my pistol. I may or may not try and get a taller front sight. I just hold a tad bit low and its all gravy.

Also, have a jager stainless rod with 13# ismi, zev spring kit, zev tit plunger. Only other things i really want to do is get the Zev Fulcrum Trigger bar/housing..Zev firing pin, and a KKM barrel and my little hunnies good to go. After that i'll start working on getting another gun. I'd like to try and find a 17longslide and build up an open gun.

I wanted to circle back and report a few things with the new Glock you guys might find interesting. I finally had a chance to get to the range and start practicing with the new Glock yesterday (link to my training entry if anyone cares: http://www.recoilsports.com/2013/10/first-practice-session-with-the-glock/ ).

400 perfect rounds from a new pistol is very encouraging! But the funny thing is that the sights were spot on. If you recall from my earlier post where I took it out just to sight it in, I had cranked down the rear sight as far as it would go and it was still hitting a few inches high. Yesterday, it was spot on, all day. My training partner has an almost identical pistol and sights and his I found has the rear sight cranked all the way down as well. So it seems two takeaways to note here:

First, when buying the adjustable Dawson sights for the G34 you might want to get the next step taller (than the .300) front sight so you can adjust your POI a little lower if desired.

Second, the "Sight Adjustment Gnome" may also FIX sight alignment issues, depending on his mood. He's a complex fellow and it's best to not speak ill of him as he may return, most likely before a big match.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone used the Jager Heavy extended guide rod in a USPSA legal production G34?

http://jagerproducts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=95

My current gun weighs in at 25.92oz with mag, Amerglo sites and Vogel trigger a so I have some room to add weight and I believe the rod will not stick out past the frame so its still production legal. I can't find a number for how much it actual weighs or what the difference in weight is between the "heavy/extended" version ad the normal SS setup for a 17.

Also, if you have used it what spring did you use? The site mentions compatibility with the Wolfe wound springs based on its diameter but they only show them in 11#, 12#, 14# and 15# and most guys with G17 setups seems to lean towards 13#.

I'm using mostly 124gr CMJ rounds loaded to average at 130PF.

I'm open to other suggestions as well if anyone has them. My end-state is that I would like to add some weight up front and run the minimum spring weight required to maintain reliability.

Thanks

I have the heavy jäger rod in my 35 but their standard steel rod in my production gun. If I recall the extra heavy rod does protrude slightly from the end of my 17 slide and I know it does not take ISMI flat wire springs.

Edited by dskinsler83

I spent a lot and changes everything that's USPSA production legal on my Glock 34. From Barsto barrel to Dawson sight and Glockworx components. If I will do it again I will only spend for Dawson rear and fiber optic front sight, Glockworx trigger bar and Ghost trigger connector. I think that will do the job that I want out of my Glock.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up with this thread, I posted an update to my "Ultimate Production Glock" now that I'm 3 months in.

http://www.recoilsports.com/2013/12/three-months-in-glock-g34-update/

glock-g34.jpg

So far, it's been great and I'm happy I made the switch. I'm really looking forward to competing with it this next season.

Thanks again for all of the help getting this thing online!

Dawson FO front. Heinie Straight Eight rear. Glockworkx Zev tech V4 race disconnector. Factory everything else.

5.5 lbs trigger pull so its the same when I grab the G17 and hop over to IPSC from USPSA.

Also it sets off wolf primers without a hitch.