Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camerons custom 5" ionbond .40

Noah my boy

Bought this gun late sept. and the wait is killing me:( shot idaho state match with my back up gun that i just sold here on Enos and now only have my 6" left along with my limited 9mm. Hopefully will get the gun around Mid Oct. and I am counting the days. Who else here has waited for a gun and how long did it take? Eddie was able to build the pistol in less than a week time altough the Ionbond is what takes the longest. Let me know your thoughts:)

post-25417-0-62604700-1379511662_thumb.j

post-25417-0-78475800-1379512023_thumb.j

post-25417-0-22702000-1379512038_thumb.j

Edited by Noah my boy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can tell you that the wait is worth it for a Cameron gun. They have no control on how long the IB process takes but man when you get it is going to be one sweet ride! I can't comment on how long I wait since I build my own guns and the wait is only as long as I make it.

You will not be disappointed once it is in your hands.

Good luck!

The wait is very long on single stacks. But well worth it. Eddie likes to tease you with pictures. Great bunch of guys at Cameron's. On a recent trip to Arizona I stopped in and met them. Don't get Ed Cameron talking about bass fishing! No guns will get finished. 1911 perfection!

post-44733-0-01590600-1380162917_thumb.j

It was a 7 month wait on my 1911. Got held up at hard chrome. Cameron's Custom uses the same hard chrome guy that does all of Les Baer ( and he is a one man operation ). Eddie says Baer will send 50-100 at a time. That's a lot for a one man show, but he does great work.

Guys-

Have a 5" limited on order with Eddie now as well. Did a little something different; butler cut, 4 lightening cuts not five but like those seen on their 6" version, high polish all pins and screws, single undercut and the rear cocking serrations, I had them do them straight and not angled. Omitted the front serrations as well. Never really took to those. I went with the hard chrome as well. From what I can tell, looks like he does do a real nice job. Prep work is the key here I guess. Eddie is gentlemen. I look forward to seeing what they can do. The wait for me is not really an issue as it's not really much of one. I'm used to the high demand single stack guys where you're waiting literally years. I have no prior experience with the 2011 platform so I'm not really sure what to expect. I did a fair amount of research and these guys always seemed to have come to one of the top. Certainly looking forward to it.