Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran Tactical Connector

JGC

There's something to be said for a tuned firearm that is in play and used by over 50% of the competitive glock shooters out there in the world. Taran himself is one of (if not the) top glock shooters and designs all the mods (and tests them) personally. There's something to be said for that, sorry....

If TTI is a "pretender" (mods designed by the first guy to make GM with a glock) then I don't know what's "real".

From the TTI website.

Glock's advertised 5.5lb trigger pull actually measures out at 7-7.75lbs on average. The Grand Master 3.25lb Connector Kit brings down the trigger pull to 3-4lb with no gunsmithing!

If a OEM Glock trigger was 7.75# and a connector, firing pin spring and trigger spring would reduce it by 4.75# to a 3# trigger pull I would use them.

Most Glock triggers average about 6.5# and changing the connector, firing pin spring and trigger spring should reduce the pull by approximately 2.5# and give you a trigger pull in the 4.0# range.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one a few days ago and sent it back. Made my pull feel like it was never going to release. The polish job on the connector was terrible. Maybe it was his coating or his treatment but a good polish job on a regular connector is better. My pull went from 2 3/4 to 4 lbs. I dried fired it a few times, didn't like the way it felt and sent it back, still waiting on refund. I have 4 of his base pads and they are great, but I had to pass on his connector. Maybe I got a bad one because there are some gm's running his products and they like them so I don't know whats up. I guess you could try one and send it back if you don't like it.

That electroless nickel plating on this TTI connector was one of the things that intrigued me about it. I think I just need to order one and see how it works for myself.

aren't the factory connectors plated? I know they are not polished, but I've read somewhere that if you try to over-polish/grind on a factory connector, you will wear off the nickel plating.

I just ordered one of these connectors and some TTI sights for my new G34. I've read good and bad reviews but I figured it was worth a shot. I also ordered an extended guiderod from Carver and some 15# Wolff springs. I know the guiderod and spring work well with my loads but I've never played with the TTi stuff before. I'll report back with my first impressions.

Got the refund the other day. Very fast turn around, they did not charge me for restocking or shipping, I got the full refund. I hope the kit works well for you. Let us know.

Will do. I have to admit I'm pretty picky about my triggers so its gonna take alot for this to impress me. But you never know if you don't try.

There's something to be said for a tuned firearm that is in play and used by over 50% of the competitive glock shooters out there in the world. Taran himself is one of (if not the) top glock shooters and designs all the mods (and tests them) personally. There's something to be said for that, sorry....

If TTI is a "pretender" (mods designed by the first guy to make GM with a glock) then I don't know what's "real".

There's only so much you can do to mod a Glock. Any drastic change to the design and it won't work.

I appreciate you sticking up for a reputable vendor, but does his success as a shooter really hold merit to the quality of a modded part? Seems to me that most internal aftermarket parts don't stray very far from factory specs. Some may be made of different materials or are designed so the trigger pull executes with less effort, but all in all... its basically the same thing already provided by glock.

I really like Taran's aftermarket front sight though. Great improvement over the factory sight.

I just installed the TTI connector kit in my 34. I guess experiences must vary with these triggers because the TTI is hands down the best feeling Glock trigger I've ever felt. It rivals an M&P with an Apex CAEK when it comes to lightness and it has a much MUCH better reset. Very good feeling trigger for a Glock. There is some pre-travel but less than a stock G34 and buy the kit gave me the shortest lightest trigger from the reset I e ever personally messed with. I also installed the TTI sights and I was very happy with them as well. My impression so far of the Glock stuff from TTI is pretty favorable. The best part is I didn't have to spend $250-350 on the trigger, just 20 minutes and a dab of grease with a little do it yourself know how and my new production guns trigger is good to go. :)

I just installed the TTI connector kit in my 34. I guess experiences must vary with these triggers because the TTI is hands down the best feeling Glock trigger I've ever felt. It rivals an M&P with an Apex CAEK when it comes to lightness and it has a much MUCH better reset. Very good feeling trigger for a Glock. There is some pre-travel but less than a stock G34 and buy the kit gave me the shortest lightest trigger from the reset I e ever personally messed with. I also installed the TTI sights and I was very happy with them as well. My impression so far of the Glock stuff from TTI is pretty favorable. The best part is I didn't have to spend $250-350 on the trigger, just 20 minutes and a dab of grease with a little do it yourself know how and my new production guns trigger is good to go. :)

I tested the trigger pull on a friends M&P with the entire competition kit from Apex and his trigger pull was 1# 9oz. heavier than the trigger pull on my Gen 4 G34.

I tested the trigger pull on a friends M&P with the entire competition kit from Apex and his trigger pull was 1# 9oz. heavier than the trigger pull on my Gen 4 G34.

I don't have my M&P w/ CAEK anymore so you may be right, probably are. But the TTI is still a great Glock trigger IMO. I gauged my trigger pull after reading your post, looks like its right around 3.5#. I'll take it. I' have competed with a Glock and an M&P. the M&P is nice but I have had intermittent reliability issues with them, my Glock just runs and runs. And the reset on the G34 (w/ the new kit) is far better than my M&P ever thought of being. Just my perspective though.

I don't have my M&P w/ CAEK anymore so you may be right, probably are. But the TTI is still a great Glock trigger IMO. I gauged my trigger pull after reading your post, looks like its right around 3.5#. I'll take it. I' have competed with a Glock and an M&P. the M&P is nice but I have had intermittent reliability issues with them, my Glock just runs and runs. And the reset on the G34 (w/ the new kit) is far better than my M&P ever thought of being. Just my perspective though.

Measuring at the bottom of the trigger in order to get a consistant reading the APEX M&P was 3# 10oz and my modified Gen 4 G34 was 2# 1oz.

I realize the trigger pull in the middle of the trigger averages 1# heavier than at the bottom of a Glock and if Glock Inc. measured from the middle the OEM trigger pull from a new Glock would be approximately 6# 8oz. They average approximately 5# 8oz. when measured from the bottom of the trigger.

It's important to remember that there is so much variation from Glock to Glock that a connector or a trigger bar or striker in one Glock will give an entirely different feel in another. If you've ever tried to set up your back-up exactly like your primary I'm sure you have encountered that. It makes perfect sense to me that some would have a bad result with Taran's connector and others would have a good one, especially considering these are drop-in parts.