Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What MG bullet is the most accurate with HP38/231 powder?

glockdude1

I love the Montana Golds in my 9mm and don't have any experience with the MG's in 45ACP...

I have a 1911 Sig with a Briley barrel that has tight tolerances, so it is a very accurate gun..

Which MG bullet would be best for accuracy and at what weight?

JHP, FP, CMJ ???

I have tried a lot of powders in my 45 and have settled on HP38/231..

Your feedback would be much appreciated..

Which MG bullet would be best for accuracy and at what weight?

JHP, FP, CMJ ???

I doubt you will find THE answer to that question since every gun will have a different bullet/powder combination that works the best in that particular gun. A couple of mine, for instance, shoot better with other brands although MG does make a quality bullet. The only way to know is to load up a few and try them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had fantastic accuracy from the MG 200gr flat-nose. They look like truncated cone hollow points without the cavity. However, they are very accurate and I'm using Ramshot Competition powder, 4.7gr, COAL of 1.250", Winchester Large pistol primers.

YMMV

Cheers623

DVC

I've had fantastic accuracy from the MG 200gr flat-nose. They look like truncated cone hollow points without the cavity. However, they are very accurate and I'm using Ramshot Competition powder, 4.7gr, COAL of 1.250", Winchester Large pistol primers.

YMMV

Cheers623

DVC

We make a round with a MG 45ACP 230 FMJ with 5.7g of WC231that is very accurate and nice shooting.