Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The second best optic?

DrLove

OK, so my XDM with a C-more Carver mount on it completely failed me today. I've almost changed everything to get it to cycle correctly with the Carver mount and it's not working (the problem some of you might know about is that the casings would bounce off the mount and cause problems).

So anyway, I've decided the Carver mount has to go and I'll just start using some slide mounted optic. The main problem I'm having is that no sight can compare to C-more (the full version whatever they call it not the RTS/STS stuff). So I have the option of the following, which one do you think is closest to the C-More (i.e. which is the second best)?

DeltaPoint – 7.5MOA

FastFire 3 - 8MOA

JP Point – 8MOA

Docter – 8MOA

As in, C-more shooters out there, if you have tried the above, which one is best for open shooters and closest to c-more?

thanks in advance...

OK, so my XDM with a C-more Carver mount on it completely failed me today. I've almost changed everything to get it to cycle correctly with the Carver mount and it's not working (the problem some of you might know about is that the casings would bounce off the mount and cause problems).

So anyway, I've decided the Carver mount has to go and I'll just start using some slide mounted optic. The main problem I'm having is that no sight can compare to C-more (the full version whatever they call it not the RTS/STS stuff). So I have the option of the following, which one do you think is closest to the C-More (i.e. which is the second best)?

DeltaPoint – 7.5MOA

FastFire 3 - 8MOA

JP Point – 8MOA

Docter – 8MOA

As in, C-more shooters out there, if you have tried the above, which one is best for open shooters and closest to c-more?

thanks in advance...

I know it's not on your list, but if the new version will survive, the Cmore RTS is awesome. I don't like any slide mount optics.

DeltaPoint – 7.5MOA

FastFire 3 - 8MOA

JP Point – 8MOA

Docter – 8MOA

thanks in advance...

I know it's not on your list, but if the new version will survive, the Cmore RTS is awesome. I don't like any slide mount optics.

problem I can't find a mount for it (xdm).

DeltaPoint – 7.5MOA

FastFire 3 - 8MOA

JP Point – 8MOA

Docter – 8MOA

thanks in advance...

problem I can't find a mount for it (xdm).

You can't find them in stock anywhere

You can get a mount plate for you carver mount for the STS . Might try emailing bobby I know he told me hewas working on a RTS mount a while back. You shouldn't have any problem the shorter sight on the mount.

Have you moved the mount top plate forward to see if it helps. Also what recoil spring are you running? Have you tried to file a different angle on the ejector? My carver xdm runs great with just a little tuning. The thing about open guns is it is more about tuning parts than just putting in new stuff.

You can get a mount plate for you carver mount for the STS . Might try emailing bobby I know he told me hewas working on a RTS mount a while back. You shouldn't have any problem the shorter sight on the mount.

Have you moved the mount top plate forward to see if it helps. Also what recoil spring are you running? Have you tried to file a different angle on the ejector? My carver xdm runs great with just a little tuning. The thing about open guns is it is more about tuning parts than just putting in new stuff.

I've actually tried everything and still can't run a full mag without a problem. That's why I've decided to git rid of the mount. Do you have a picture of how your mount is installed along with the ejection port? That might help me a lot. Also, what PF ammo do you use? Thanks in advance:)

I'll try and get some pictures later but I have the carver competition mount mounted all the way to the rear. The ejection port is stock, no machine work. I use the powder river machined ejector and just slightly bent the tip to get the ejectionout at the 2:00 position when holding the gun in front of you. The load is mixed brass, berrys 124 HBRN thick plated, 6.9 auto comp or 7.6 of longshot. At 1.155

Have you been in touch with bobby carver? He has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced and , I have no doubt, will help you out.

I'll try and get some pictures later but I have the carver competition mount mounted all the way to the rear. The ejection port is stock, no machine work. I use the powder river machined ejector and just slightly bent the tip to get the ejectionout at the 2:00 position when holding the gun in front of you. The load is mixed brass, berrys 124 HBRN thick plated, 6.9 auto comp or 7.6 of longshot. At 1.155

Have you been in touch with bobby carver? He has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced and , I have no doubt, will help you out.

No I have not called Bobby yet, I guess I should. Thanks for all the info. Let me try to call Bobby.

I didn't like the Doctor or the Fastfire.

I haven't looked in an XD in a long time but . . . your ejector isn't properly tuned for your mount. Worst case scenario, have a new one custom made to the appropriate shape and fitment. I wish I could remember the shape of the ejectors in my XDs . . . But they are probably a shape and girth you can file appropriately yourself.

The deltapoint is a good optic, but I agree with the others that you are chasing the problem down the wrong path. Have the ejector tuned or the opening opened up some more so that your casings go out instead of up.

Most slide ride optics will fail at a point as well.