Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN at WS XIV

dirtypool40

Not a lesser known shooter, but I think if Saul is shooting a trouble and jam free match, he'll be shooting for the title. Martin Kamenicek and Max Michel ahould be really close too. Of course, I'd put my money on Eric though ;)

I think Racaza is definetely in contention for winning....This year was basically a rebuilding year to tighten up for him and he would have been right behind Max this year if he didn't lose 45 points on the dark house because of the same thing that happened to TGO.

I'd like to see "Team Old Fart" do well in standard and Jerry would obviously help that effort, but when I spoke to him back in June he seemed hungry, and concerned about the lack of focus on Open.

I could really cheer for the Burner to come back and win the Open title.

I've only met him the one time, but I was really impressed and am now a big fan. Besides if he shoots Open I don't have to choose between him, TJ and TGO for standard. Like that was ever an easy guess. :blink:

With a large population, and a correspondingly large membership base, the USA has considerable depth in it's ranks, particularly when it comes to Teams, however there are many individuals around the world who have the ability to win individual gold in Open Division.

For example, you can't ignore Aussies such as Brodie McIntosh (2004 Australian Open Champion), Errol Thomas (7th in the 2004 USPSA Nationals) and a few others. There are also a few up and coming stars in Europe, Asia and South America who are there or thereabouts.

It's gonna be one helluva World Shoot next year.

Watch out for Stephen Hinojales from the Philippines. Remember the shoot off at the 2004 EC?

Yeah, I saw him shoot a couple of stages. Man he is fast! And gets good points. Well, that's what IPSC is all about :)

Usually, the faster flashy shooters aren't the ones who make out well at WS. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Eric is obviously the man to beat, but Eric isn't fast, until he really needs to be. I've only seen him in that mode a couple of times, both times shooting Standard/Limited. He really doesn't NEED to shoot fast in Open, because he points the crap out of everyone.

Obviously, the most consistent Open shooters will do well. I'm pulling for JJ 100%, but there is a disaster factor there. If he can get that out of his system (and get his gun running 100%) in the next several months, then he'll definitely be a threat.

I'm predicting a strong showing by Max, JJ, and Chris at WSXIV, as long as their heads are on straight. It's all about boring shooting...nothing spectacular. Take 35 8th place stage finishes, and take home the trophy. MAN! I wish I could follow my own advice!

Phil

trivia: what's the common denominator?

jet, jj, kc, jojo, lee, limcat, ogiebb, bulm540, stephen hinojales, eye cutter, jasonub, mc_oliver, 9mx, walangkatapat, lino, and of course our prancing purple pachyderm, rhino!

oh, i forgot to include vince! hahaha!

B)

jet, jj, kc, jojo, lee, limcat, ogiebb, bulm540, stephen hinojales, eye cutter, mc_oliver, 9mx, walangkatapat, lino, and of course our prancing purple pachyderm, rhino!

B)

Easy: Philippine Islands... ;)

I am putting my money on Eric for sure, but who's to say a new guy we never heard of comes out and cleans house? Other than attending a US Nationals prior to the '99 WS, we never really heard of Eric in this part of the world. I think Saul will be in top 5 and if you pay attention to the circuit in Europe, Martin Kamenicek will likely be in the running as well. Max, JJ, and Chris will likely be tightly knit in the rankings. I am betting on Eric as he has proved his ability and match experience carries him through, he has 2 World titles, European titles, a couple wins at the US Nationals. His resume looks so good, I wouldn't bet on anyone else.

I predict a very close match between Eric and Max assuming no gun/mag failiures. Saul, Brodie, JJ, KC among others in the close lineup. How about that Hennig Walgren (can't recall the name exactly but he's that european blond shooting open) guy? And Jojo, is he going?

There are at least 15, but probably 25, competitors who have the ability to win Open Division at a World Shoot, but having a reliable gun, mags & ammunition is part and parcel of the preparations.

Winning should never be about equipment reliability. If you attend a World Shoot and haven't prepared your kit 110%, and if you don't continually maintain it while you're there, you're simply not there to win.

Whenever I trash a stage or a match, it's never because of my equipment.

jet, jj, kc, jojo, lee, limcat, ogiebb, bulm540, stephen hinojales, eye cutter, jasonub, mc_oliver, 9mx, walangkatapat, lino, and of course our prancing purple pachyderm, rhino!

B)

and baron45 ;)

I have to respectfully disagree with you Vince, there may be 15-20 who can win a STAGE but not the match. that's a number more like 4-6.  But again, just my opinion.

Boy oh boy, you sure walked into that one! OK, here's a list of 24 names, in no particular order - you tell me who has no chance of winning World Shoot XIV:

Eric Grauffel

Todd Jarrett

Rob Leatham

JJ Racaza

Max Tilley

Brodie McIntosh

Errol Thomas

Jerry Barnhart

Max Michel

Saul Kirsch

Angus Hobdell

Jag Leujano

KC Eusebio

Henning Wallgren

Stephen Hinojales

Phil Strader

Jojo Vidanes

Travis Tomasie

Chris Tilley

Mike Voigt

Frank Garcia

Taran Butler

Estuardo Gomez

Doug Koenig

B)

A few of those have NO chance of winning Open at WS, since some will be shooting Standard!

My prediction in Open:

Eric Grauffel

Max Michel

Saul - if the gun gags

JJ - if his consistency doesn't change

Chris

Limited: (2nd to 5th) ;)

Taran

Rob

Travis

Heatseeker

Modified: Who cares?

Production:

Turtle...with the UPSET!

Dave....0001 match points behind

Angus

Matt M, Pete M, and Dave O tied for fourth! :lol:

Revolver:

Jerry M

______

______

______

Honestly, there are a LOT of shooters who can have 5 good days, and shock some people. It's all about staying consistent. When it all comes down to it, the only thing that matters is who wins. I wish everyone in Open/Production the best of luck! :lol: