Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

I'm taking these two for a spin tomorrow :)IMG_20140213_242415_844-1_zpsezhy8pxe.jp

Hey man, so what is deal with your sliver frame? By the why both those guns look killer. Im just asking because it looks the same as mine, and as far as I can find out there is no model of gun that comes with that frame design. Is yours checkered under the trigger guard, and is it drilled for the magwell screw? Those are two things ive found different on my frame from other large comp frames.

Cheers,

Evan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there can anyone thinknof a reason why I couldn't cut down a long slide Hennings guild rod to fit in my shorter Limited .45 slide? Or would anyone be interested in selling a short Hennings or EG one to me?

Cheers,

Evan

"shorter" Limited slide??

Hey man, so what is deal with your sliver frame? By the why both those guns look killer. Im just asking because it looks the same as mine, and as far as I can find out there is no model of gun that comes with that frame design. Is yours checkered under the trigger guard, and is it drilled for the magwell screw? Those are two things ive found different on my frame from other large comp frames.

Cheers,

Evan

I don't know how I missed your question Evan :blush: The chrome frame is from an IFG import "Limited"; it has a short dust cover and a straight barrel rather than a cone lock. The cool thing is that the serial number is 00014!

Well it must be a little shorter as the stock guild rod is definitely shorter then my long slide Hennings cone fit one. Heres a pic of the set up.

Ill be posting an extensive post hopefully by the end of the weekend on the five slides and the two gun we got and how they work, fit and what was needed to build these guns and all the modificatiion needed to make them work.

Looks like I might try cutting down the guild rod, or ill look for a used one first. Dont know yet :)

20140220_000151.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Cheers,

Evan

I don't know how I missed your question Evan :blush: The chrome frame is from an IFG import "Limited"; it has a short dust cover and a straight barrel rather than a cone lock. The cool thing is that the serial number is 00014!

Interesting. Im still just trying to get a better idea of where this frame came from. It is different as it is the shorter drilled and tapped comp frame, it also has the checkering under the trigger guard with I have not seen before either.

Cheers,

Evan

Evan, that picture shows a Stock II top end, which is 1/4 shorter

You are right the Limited slide has the cut outs on the top, I didnt realize the Stock 2 was shorter then the Limited though. Or do you mean the Stock 2 and the Limited are both 1/4" shorter then a long slide.

Cheers,

Evan

The Limited, Limited Pro, and Match are "long slide" - 4.75"

Stock I, Stock II are "standard slide" - 4.5"

So yeah just cut off 1/4", polish, and go. Or leave it hanging out and mount a tassel on it or something..

Edited by Nealio

The Limited, Limited Pro, and Match are "long slide" - 4.75"

Stock I, Stock II are "standard slide" - 4.5"

So yeah just cut off 1/4", polish, and go. Or leave it hanging out and mount a tassel on it or something..

So I opted out of the tassel lol and decided to give it a cut :), working good now thanks again everyone.

Cheers,

Evan

Can someone tell me if this is a small or large frame. It's an older model and I don't know enough about them to differentiate by looks. All I can tell is that it has the curved trigger guard, comp barrel, and shorter dust cover compared to the newer ones. Well crap. This site wont let me post URL links yet. I'm still to noobish. But if someone types in witness hunter in gunbroker it will come up. It's price is 700 dollars last I looked.

Edited by Savageman25

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=395460581

It's an old style, large frame, 10mm Hunter, actually a pretty cool find. It has a long slide (4.75" barrel) with another 1.25" threaded (M15x0.75) into a comp with no holes and a blank comp with front sight. Like a sight tracker the front sight is mounted on the barrel, so it moves very little while the slide cycles. You could very easily trim back the barrel and put a two port comp on it if you were so inclined. The only downside is that the frame has no provision for a mag well like a modern competition frame.

Very cool gun, we just bought a newer version 10mm large frame hunter and love it. Well ours is minus the cool sight tracker setup, thats awsome.

My frame I just posted pics also came with no provisions fora magwell, but I pit one on and it holds tight. I am concidering drilling and tapping a hole for it however, would hate to fall or drop it and have the magwell fall off :(.

Cheers,

Evan

Well it must be a little shorter as the stock guild rod is definitely shorter then my long slide Hennings cone fit one. Heres a pic of the set up.

Ill be posting an extensive post hopefully by the end of the weekend on the five slides and the two gun we got and how they work, fit and what was needed to build these guns and all the modificatiion needed to make them work.

Looks like I might try cutting down the guild rod, or ill look for a used one first. Dont know yet :)

20140220_000151.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Love the look of this gun!