Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How fast?

Mark,

I don't believe I was being dismissive. I will say I have reservations about it, but as I said I recently bought some to make my own determination. I hope I'm wrong and find they work better than expected.

Jesse

You and I must shoot two different sports. Having stages that put you on the ground or have you shooting over, under, and or through obstacles is more the norm for stuff around here. That is not to say one is better than the other just obviously different.

Matt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse

You and I must shoot two different sports. Having stages that put you on the ground or have you shooting over, under, and or through obstacles is more the norm for stuff around here. That is not to say one is better than the other just obviously different.

Matt

I don't think we are on the same page. Every match I've shot has prone shooting.

What I was trying to say is I've never shot a match that has prone rifle or pistol shooting followed by 30 rounds of shotgun. So you have to lay in the dirt then getup and load those dirty shells into your shotgun. Most times the pistol and shotgun shooting precedes the prone rifle/pistol shooting. Therefore going prone with caddys on your waist just means you won't be as comfortable as not having caddys on your stomach. It's sucks going prone with anything or any type of caddy on your belt/stomach area but it really doesn't effect your shooting.

We had to shoot squatting or kneeling with the shotgun at FNH last weekend. I had a pair of TACCOM quad caddys up front which I loaded 4 off the beep. I did move them further inward towards my centerline and kneeled on the opposite knee that I would have liked but it didn't hinder my shooting.

It's like any piece of kit it takes working through the ins and outs learning how to best fit it into the game.

Believe me I didn't want these new caddys to work. I spent well over 40 hours getting really good at weak hand loading. I enjoyed finishing up top on big shotgun stages. I didn't want anybody to get a free ride on shotgun loading after working so hard at it. But then I watched young Katie Francis with he small 14 year old hands stuffing shells in a shotgun like a boss.

That's when I realized that the system was going to help grow the sport by making it easier on newcomers. The shotgun loading has always been a huge obstacle that newbs fear and simply choose not to participate because of. Once I started playing with it all I found out that it shaves about have my time out of my loads and it still requires dexterity so guys that were above average at weak hand loading are gonna be above average at this too.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I did go prone on stage 6 at FNH last weekend with a two TACCOM quads (one empty, one full) and a AP Customs L2/4 that was full. I was excited to see that after going prone, getting up from prone, running 20 yards and climbing a roof top I didn't loose a shell.

Same here. I had two double-quads (one pair TACCOM and one pair Invictus Tactical) on my right side in front of holster for FNH Stage 6 and prone rifle did not affect them at all. In point of fact, part of arranging my shotgun equipment before a stage is taking into account "positional shooting." I find that a Chamelon belt on mid chest gives me 20 rounds of shotgun that basically can't get in the way of kneeling or prone shooting, and I just described having 16 rounds of quad that likewise caused no issues.

I have been using load 2 and quads for over 2 years now. I have flopped my 260lbs down on AP, Carbon, Otto, and Taccom caddies in that time. I have never had an issue going prone with any of them. Never broken any of them either.

Knowing Aaron, Mark, Tim, and Mark. I have no doubts that if I had they would have sent me a replacement asap.

Shooting a shotgun most of the time isn't practical. When you are in possession of a rifle and pistol you can't make a good argument where it would be. Unless a division of polar bears is circling your house that is...

Believe me I didn't want these new caddys to work. I spent well over 40 hours getting really good at weak hand loading. I enjoyed finishing up top on big shotgun stages. I didn't want anybody to get a free ride on shotgun loading after working so hard at it. But then I watched young Katie Francis with he small 14 year old hands stuffing shells in a shotgun like a boss.

That's when I realized that the system was going to help grow the sport by making it easier on newcomers. The shotgun loading has always been a huge obstacle that newbs fear and simply choose not to participate because of. Once I started playing with it all I found out that it shaves about have my time out of my loads and it still requires dexterity so guys that were above average at weak hand loading are gonna be above average at this too.

I still can't get over seeing you guys run with a shotgun upside down on your shoulder stuffing a hand full of shells at once into its belly. I mean you're crazy badass fast at it and all but the technique in itself is about the goofiest thing that a country boy has ever seen done with a shotgun.

Sure there are some of the designs you should not go prone with, but don't dismiss what you don't know.

The AP design seems like one of them. I can't get it through my head how those metal things would not bend if they were empty.

I have done it and they come out just fine. I believe it has something to do with them being high quality spring steel. In my mind that beats plastic everyday.

I still can't get over seeing you guys run with a shotgun upside down on your shoulder stuffing a hand full of shells at once into its belly. I mean you're crazy badass fast at it and all but the technique in itself is about the goofiest thing that a country boy has ever seen done with a shotgun.

It's spring steel. Of course it will bend.

I agree the techniques looks less than tactical but it works.