Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited conversion not likely?

Intercooler2

EAA is weird. If you request something it seems an order should be able to be placed. I don't get the whatever shows up concept!

I'm not sure it's entirely EAA's fault, but they're definitely a part of the problem. I don't know how their deal with Tanfoglio is set up, but it seems they just send parts to the US pretty randomly. EAA is a shoebox company so I don't really expect them to have tons of money tied up in spare parts inventory which could go obsolete at any moment.

They don't want to take your order and charge your card because there's really no telling if they will ever get that particular part; if they don't charge your card, there's a good chance you change your mind and they get stuck with it.

I have a wish list at EAA and I randomly get calls to tell me they have this that or the other in stock, do I want it? More often than not, those parts were for a project idea I had a year ago and I've since gone another direction.

The arrangement is totally bizarre and unlike any other I know of, but that makes it kind of fun if you ask me! :eatdrink:

When I started my Tanfo obsession I was frustrated like you, but now it's a game :D

It seems if I want the upper just buy a new pistol.

Yep... ;)

We should get a little club going so we can buy some pistols, part them out for uppers and frames...

I may be picking up one of these 10mm Stock II's myself...

It seems if I want the upper just buy a new pistol.

If you can find the right pistol in the right caliber, although lucky for you, the EAA market is a 10mm fan's dream right now! Hunters in 10mm, Stock II's in 10mm, it's just silly!

Could a Stock 2 in 10 mm be converted to 9 mm , with a new slide & barrel ?

Could a Stock 2 in 10 mm be converted to 9 mm , with a new slide & barrel ?

It could, but only if EAA has a 9mm Stock II conversion kit in stock...

I wouldnt "have" to be a stock 2 slide and barrel, any correct frame size standard or long slide top end would work.

Mike

Stock II fans: I just got a call from Dawn at EAA on an unrelated matter and I she told me they don't have any Stock II 9mm conversions, but they have some Stock I 9mm kits for $385.

The Stock I:

eaa-witness-stock.gif

Stock II

1.jpg

They both have a cone lock barrel, but the Stock I is cut for the same sight as the Match, whereas the Stock II is cut for the Super Sight.

EAA lists them as they same length, so (and don't take my word on this) I would think that would be legal in production to use a Stock I upper on a Stock II frame.

I think you are correct with one little problem. The two slides appear to have tha same profile and both use a cone barrel so that would all match up and you are allowed to replace the slide with a factory profile replacement and you are allowed to mill for different sights so we are still good. The issue is you would have to put that 9mm stock 1 upper on a 9mm stock 2 frame. It is against the rules to change the caliber or cartridge on the gun and the frame is the gun. This is a rule that the GLOCK guys get bugged by as there frames as the same just like ours. I know it would be nearly impossible to get caught but it is on the rules.

Mike

The issue is you would have to put that 9mm stock 1 upper on a 9mm stock 2 frame. It is against the rules to change the caliber or cartridge on the gun and the frame is the gun.

Ahh yes good point

Stock II fans: I just got a call from Dawn at EAA on an unrelated matter and I she told me they don't have any Stock II 9mm conversions, but they have some Stock I 9mm kits for $385.

The Stock I:

eaa-witness-stock.gif

Stock II

1.jpg

They both have a cone lock barrel, but the Stock I is cut for the same sight as the Match, whereas the Stock II is cut for the Super Sight.

Do they offer it in 40 complete

Big Dog, offer and avaliable can be very different things. yes I have seen both stck 1 and 2's in 40sw but currently they are hard to find.

Mike

Just looking for the top end so I can run it on my 9mm stock2 or the new limited 9mm I just bought. I will give eaa a phone call next week