Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inflation

Lifeislarge

I'm so sick of the lying liars saying that we don't have rampant inflation in this country. I went grocery shopping this morning and bacon was $8.69 a pound. Red potatoes $5.99 for a 3 pound bag. Land O Lakes butter at $4.79 a pound.

I do all the grocery shopping in my house and I can assure you these prices are almost double what they were three years ago. Never mind the other staples like gas, home heating and gun powder. I've gotten to the point where I'll buy six cans of Folgers when it's on sale just so I won't have to pay regular prices. And I sure as hell haven't seen my income go up along with everything else.

You did quit that job yet Grumpy?

Unfortunately no....but I am looking...anybody have a need for a master DC electrician?
If you can shock some sense into DC I'll chip in the first $100!!! Success will get you a 112.6% raise, adjusted for inflation.

I'm so sick of the lying liars saying that we don't have rampant inflation in this country. I went grocery shopping this morning and bacon was $8.69 a pound. Red potatoes $5.99 for a 3 pound bag. Land O Lakes butter at $4.79 a pound.

I do all the grocery shopping in my house and I can assure you these prices are almost double what they were three years ago. Never mind the other staples like gas, home heating and gun powder. I've gotten to the point where I'll buy six cans of Folgers when it's on sale just so I won't have to pay regular prices. And I sure as hell haven't seen my income go up along with everything else.

The no-name 99 cent loaf of bread at Lucky's suddenly spiked to $1.89 for a while..... then a Grocery Outlet store opened a half mile from Lucky's and the cheapo bread was $1.09.......

Gouging isn't confined to ammo and guns.

Edited by bountyhunter