Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new eagle now ?

3djedi

1) are there any videos on take down and proper cleaning.

2) Where do you hit the safety on your draw stroke? As your getting a grip? I seem to do it as the pistol is coming up out of the holster.....

3) I ordered grip tape when I ordered the pistol but the grip on the pistol is checkered. Do you put tape on top of that or does the checkered part come off?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I've never owned a 1911 style or anything with a safety!

Thanks.

If it came with the recoil master though you have to use that little plastic tool to keep the spring compressed during dissembling. Oh Ya and since it has the bushing barrel that's slightly different disassembly.

Edited by Forgetful

If you are hell bent on using the grip tape, you'll probably have to sand the checkering down to make a suitable surface.

I opted to send my grip to get it stippled. It was recontured and double undercut for a higher grip.

The Sti video posted is what I use.

I can't see the grip tape holding well on the checkering, may need to sand it down some. As for the safety, I do so when I drive the gun forward once my support hand has connected. This way, if there is an ND it is down range and not my leg.

2) Where do you hit the safety on your draw stroke? As your getting a grip? I seem to do it as the pistol is coming up out of the holster.....

I don't flip the safety off until I begin the press-out toward the targets. Flipping the safety off as the gun is leaving the holster strikes me as an unnecessary risk. I don't see how it saves any time. But I can certainly see a scenario for a dangerous accidental discharge.

I assume its also safe to dry fire the hell out of this gun?

Dry fire away. I use snap caps so I can run mag changes with out any issues as well. I have the fear of mashing my feed lips with out them. I leave a snap cap in the chamber and pull the hammer back with my thumb. With that said, I also dry fire without snaps caps as well.

I learned how to dissy my first 1911 from youtube as well, it may seem daunting at first but the process is pretty straight forward and easy. One thing ive heard from buddies of mine that have never taken their 1911s apart is the fear of "breaking" something. Most likely you wont...but if you feel youre stalling out im positive you can post your delay here and we can walk you through it.

Fully taking it apart will also help in understanding how the gun works, pretty damn neat if ya ask me.

I had my grip stippled and it works perfectly. If, by chance i need additional grip ( oklahoma heat will make you sweat in places you didnt know could sweat) i simply put a dab of pro grip on the inside of weakhand and on the backside of stronghand fingers, locks that gun in like a vice.

Any additional help you need, just hollar...then post on here:)

I don't flip the safety off until I begin the press-out toward the targets. Flipping the safety off as the gun is leaving the holster strikes me as an unnecessary risk. I don't see how it saves any time. But I can certainly see a scenario for a dangerous accidental discharge.

This +100

Thanks for the help guys!

ok, I'll practice that way. I've been disengaging just as the pistol clears the holster. Does your thumb ride on top of the safety? That's how I've been doing it but it really kind of "pinches" the web of my hand......

Edited by 3djedi

Thanks for the help guys!

ok, I'll practice that way. I've been disengaging just as the pistol clears the holster. Does your thumb ride on top of the safety? That's how I've been doing it but it really kind of "pinches" the web of my hand......

Yeah, the right thumb rides the safety, once you disengage it.

How the heck do you guys reach the slide release? Quite a bit of slide lock reloads in IDPA.......

I put Wilson, extended slide stops on my IDPA guns because I have little hands. No matter what pistol I shoot, I have to rotate it to drop mags.

How the heck do you guys reach the slide release? Quite a bit of slide lock reloads in IDPA.......

I put Wilson, extended slide stops on my IDPA guns because I have little hands. No matter what pistol I shoot, I have to rotate it to drop mags.

Have you tried a walther PPQ M2? I can reach everything without ever breaking grip. Awesome polymer gun!