Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Armory Double Stack 9mm

RangerTrace

A couple months ago, we had a family get together where me and my Nephews shot a bunch of rounds through my 6" Infinity Limited gun. Everybody was amazed when we finished the session by shooting C zone steel at 75 yards.

One of my Nephews really wanted to buy an Infinity, but they're way out of his price range right now. So, he ordered a Rock Island Armory Double Stack 9mm. I didn't even know they made such a thing. Anyway, I looked at their website to see if I could find out what magazines they use in their double stacks, but couldn't find the information.

Have any of you seen one of these in person or know what kind of mags they use?

https://us.armscor.com/products/2011-high-capacity-tactical-9mm

Mine which is the combo .22tcm/9mm gun came with an aftermarket para p18 mag (mecgar I think)... looked like the feed lips had been modified a bit, but that was likely to make the .22tcm work.

If I remember when I get home, I'll pull the gun out and check the mag.

Edited by caspian guy

The mag that came with mine says "mg p18 .38s" on it... the feed lips look like they have been shortened slightly when compared to a 9mm made in Canada Para mag, but that might be due to the .22tcm. The 9mm para mag locks in place in the gun... don't know if the Para mag functions as I haven't shot the gun with the 9mm barrel in it.

• 4 weeks later...