Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I bit the bullet!

3djedi

And ordered a Dawson Precision CRP Eagle .40 with bushing barrel. I'll be using this in uspsa limited and idpa esp. Thanks for everyone's help in making this decision.

The next battle is getting magazines for this beast! DP let me have 2-140mm mags with my order but I need 2 of the 126mm mags for idpa use. I can't find anything anywhere....did I just buy an idpa paper weight? Anybody have any leads on where I could score 2 of the 126mm?

Thanks!

I can't wait to get this thing!

If you don't have to get the 10 round only mags then don't. They work but having more rounds if needed is nice and it will be easier to seat a full mag when not at slide lock. I have to have 10 round mags unfortunately. If I didn't, I wouldn't.

Very nice pistol. You will like it. I bought one used from a friend, picked it up Wednesday night and just shot it today for the first time. Very accurate. I just need to get used to having a safety. LOL Used to shooting Glocks.

yes, you need to use the safety. Just really practice practice practice. I shoot 1911 and 2011 and I "swipe" the safety off whenever I try and draw a glock or M&P. No harm if you sweep and there's no safety. No bang if you're not used to it. Muscle memory!

Good choice, I was hoping you'd pick that.

As far as the tuning kit-

All I needed was a vice, caliper, sand paper and pliers with tape on the nose. I like tinkering though.

Edited by Forgetful

Me thinks you will be happy. If I was you I would work up a minor load for IDPA asap as well as a major for USPSA. I thought I'd keep things simple with mine & just run one major load for both, eventually decided separate loads are very worth it, for me anyway.

For now I will be just using factory ammo. Maybe the wife will get me some reloading equipment for Xmas!

I've been searching online for some 40 minor but no luck so far finding anything in stock......

I don't know if anyone is looking but brazos has 186 140mm .40 magazines in stock........

http://www.1911store.com/sti2011magazine.aspx

Is the inventory live? I'm about to pull the trigger and order, but I'm having a hard time believing the number!

I don't know but I ordered one Sunday and received a tracking number today (Monday).

You can order 40 minor from Universal Ammo Company. There located in Frostproof Florida and they ship. Good luck with the new gun.

Yeah I looked at them before but its pretty expensive. $395/1000....I don't know shipping costs either. Beggers can't be choosers I suppose. They have a short and a long 40. What is that?