Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Sighttracker, is it possible?

e-mishka

slide is easy to cut for it .. its finding the ribbed barrel that might be the challenge.

Can rib be welded on?

Probably but that would be sooo labor intense .. you could probably just have someone thread the barrel and install a false comp to mount the front sight on like this ala STI Trusight

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173950&hl=+cheely

Yes, I've been playing with the idea lately, the way to do the rib like a true sight tracker would be to machine a shroud to thread onto the barrel, with a corresponding cut in the slide; lots of work. The other way to do it would be like ogiebb said: a blank comp, like the Czechmate:

48c40d62285cc840d11b4ade5a484b4b.png

Another idea I had was to find the spare barrel from a Gold Team (the unported one), cut the single compensator port off and cut a dovetail for a front sight.

2nd%20Gold%20Team%20Barrel.jpg

Yes, I've been playing with the idea lately, the way to do the rib like a true sight tracker would be to machine a shroud to thread onto the barrel, with a corresponding cut in the slide; lots of work. The other way to do it would be like ogiebb said: a blank comp, like the Czechmate:

48c40d62285cc840d11b4ade5a484b4b.png

Another idea I had was to find the spare barrel from a Gold Team (the unported one), cut the single compensator port off and cut a dovetail for a front sight.

2nd%20Gold%20Team%20Barrel.jpg

The Gold team barrel is not a bad idea ... let me go get my hacksaw :goof:

it would be a nice little Limited Gun Project

I have a shooting buddy that has an STI Sight Tracker and he really likes it. He says that its easier to keep a hard front sight focus because its staying on the same depth of focus plane all the time. Making a sight tracker on an EAA Witness Limited is doable with its bull barrel. Just like anything, all it takes is time and $$$.

Just an FYI - The early hybrid scheumann's were cast metal ribs that were silver soldered on the barrel of your choice. I don't know why you couldn't do the same thing for a tanfo.