Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carriage Returns not being represented correctly

CHA-LEE

Look in the upper left hand corner of the toolbar above where you reply. Just to the right of your avatar, and below the "Reply to this topic" title. It looks like a light switch. (That's what it looks like on my PC. If you are working on a cell phone, I have no idea.)

That does not exist.

I am using a different PC for this post. It is also a Windows 7 OS using Firefox 23.0.1 and I can see the editing section on the top with the light switch. This PC's Firefox does not have the Java plugin's the other PC has. So maybe this is a Java plugin issue?

That does not exist.

I am using a different PC for this post. It is also a Windows 7 OS using Firefox 23.0.1 and I can see the editing section on the top with the light switch. This PC's Firefox does not have the Java plugin's the other PC has. So maybe this is a Java plugin issue?

From all that you've posted - that I would not be surprised at.

I did the Firefox update to 23.0.1 the other day and it still fails the same way. I am using a Windows 7 PC.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit with service pack 1... I'd be surprised if that made any difference... I also use the standard theme Brian has set up here.

Not sure why it doesn't work for you... but... since you have two computers and only one does it, you should be able to identify the difference between them.

Cha-Lee,

Try installing Palemoon, its another browser based on FF, in which they have stripped out all unnecessary rubbish which FF is trying to involve too and causing problems with websites and forums since FF12. www.palemoon.org.

I have been using this for 3 years with no problems, actually uses less memory, runs faster and more responsive than FF.

Cheers ....