Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Vs. Aimpoint Tube

DGDDS91

Is that one of the Arredondo glare shields on Eric's C-More?

I looked on the Arredondo site but their pics look like it's either not the same thing or it's a view from the back.

Has anyone had positive experience with the various glare shields on C-More? If so, which one have you had good luck with.

Sometimes while I shoot under bright sun there's either mutiple "little" dots surrounding the real dot or the real dot gets washed out.

Rick, I have to apologize for being a little short earlier. I just dont even consider it a debate anymore and I get frustrated. Not only did I spend the years finding out for myself but I talk to so many people about these issues every day. I do see shooters & gunsmiths promoting a certain product because they want to be different and want everyone else to follow their lead to give validation to their decision. I also see some use and promote other products for a number of reasons other than being the best.

I will ad that the aimpoint is a good piece of equipment and has its place. My initital claim was that for IPSC OPEN shooting the cmores was best. I will also qualify that by saying that it takes weeks or months to get the muscle memory to the point the dot is there all the time. New shooters or shooters who switch around allot may have an easier time with a tube sight. But if you decide to dedicate yourself to shooting open class and put the time in, the cmore will end up having an advantage.

The year before last I went back to shooting open after shooting exclusively limited for 5-6 years. Mostly to make GM in Open before I got to Old and fat to do it. At first it was a struggle especially with strong and weakhand or in strange positions. After about 3 months I didnt have a problem at all with it. I have to agree that the most important thing to do is stick with one thing and get used to it, thats when you will do your best.

I also think about the new shooter spending all that money to find out on there own when they dont need to. But I realize many wont be sure until they do try everything and come to their own conclusion. Then they will come here and say for IPSC Open shooting the cmore is best! :lol:

• 6 years later...

C-more.

Never met an Aimpoint I didn't break. I am sure they are better now but I am on my first C-more 10 years or so

I have seen a fair amount of broken C mores and no broken Aimpoints. In fact they are tough enough for our military to use. There are all kinds of threads on broken c mores. I have a C more on my open pistols and have some Aimpoints on my long guns.

Pat

I prefer the Aimpoint CompC SM 7 MOA, 30 mm objective lens. I have them on both my open pistols a little heavy 9.5 oz. but well balanced and helps reduce muzzle flip). Unfortunately they are no longer made. I previously used C-Mores but find I perform better with a tube. If I need something with a large field of view I will use my Tasco ProPoint Plus PDP5CMP which has a 45mm objective lens & four dot sizes (4,8,12,&16). Unfortunately they don't make these anymore either. I prefer a little larger objective lens than a C-More provides.