Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frank Garcia

lgbmike

Excellent class. It's back to the basics, or forward to the basics. This game isn't about texas stars', windmill targets, shooting while sprinting, etc. It's about shooting an accurate shot as fast as possible under any circumstances. That's what Frank focuses on.

Most important for me was I finally made the decision I was going to practice and didn't really know what or how to practice. You'll leave Frank's with a packet of drills, some general, and some specific to whatever you need to work on.

His class was the difference for me.

same here. Went twice. Frank is not only one of the consistent top shooters, he is also a top teacher (that's what you *really* want taking an expensive class!). Same as for Bob, he matches my own personality and physicality well (I'm in o.k. physical shape, but not an athlete, and same for Frank; he made me aware of how and how much I need to outshoot the competition rather than outrun, out-go prone etc asf).

--Detlef

I went to see Frank just after I started; prevented me from wasting thousands of hours and thousands of rounds in incorrect practice. Without a doubt the best training money I've ever spent.

Pick odd days to go; i.e. Sunday Monday and Tuesday, for example. You are more likely to get one on one with him.

TY42385

Thanks, Smitty. Just went to the website and its looks like he is about 100 miles from me here in Jupiter, FL. Looks like I may have found the "carrot" to dangle in front of myself as a reward to keep working here.... Nothing like having a quality instructor in any endeavor.

• 7 months later...

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but saw this post about Frank Garcia. Just a word to the wise. If you're not serious about training, do not train with Frank. He is awesome and will work you hard. I loved training with him and had the blisters to prove it.

If you're going to train for more than a day then bring medical tape, shooting gloves, extra magazines and LOTS of bullets! Also bring a notebook. When you leave most shooting courses/schools they just tell you how well you did. At the end of Frank's he will give you a personal analysis and a plan on how to improve your weaknesses.

I can't say enough about his training.

Take care

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wat toget back from Korea so I can attend one of his classes. Do you have any recommendations on whether to go to the 3 day course or the 2 day course or does it matter?

This will be my first refresher course back into shooting once I get back and start shooting after a two year lay off.

• 5 weeks later...

No first hand experience but I ahve spoken to students of both.

At Roger's you stand in a doorway and shoot steel for a week. You basically teach yourself to go fast and still get acceptable hits. He has cool appearing targets.

Sounds like you shoot a bunch at Frank's and with tough time and accuracy constraints. Frnak is more USPSA / IPSC oriented. Roger's is more general shooting.