Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Short or Long Trigger in 1911

GBertolet

What is the prefered length for most users in the single stack 1911? Is it better to have more or less finger on the trigger, as determined by the trigger length, for fastest splits and resets? I had been using the short trigger, and just aquired a long one to try.

I use an Infinity with the long insert. I prefer it, because it puts my finger in the right place for me. I think you need to try long, medium, and short and make your decision accordingly. Don't judge just by splits and reset, judge also by how your trigger finger does or doesn't push the gun around and how quickly and repeatably you can get your finger in the right position for YOUR shooting.

I wear a medium Cadet (short fingered) golf glove and the short trigger works best for me. Tried the long but my gs suggested the short after seeing my short stubby fingers. You might go to a golf shop and check out your glove size. You might find a medium length is best.

FWIW

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Switching from a long to a short trigger helped me with some of my trigger control issues. I was pushing my shots to the left (right handed) with the long trigger (using the tip of my finger). Switching to a short trigger allowed me to use the pad of my finger (near the 1st joint) and bring my groups into center.

This was my typical results with a long trigger:

IMG-20120519-00071.jpg