Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Load Data for 9mm AR15

Desmo412

I should be receiving my JP GMR-13 within the next week or so. I will be using this gun primarily for falling steel matches, but I would also like to see what kind of accuracy I can squeeze out of it at 100 yards. I have been shooting 9-major, so I have a TON of different powders and bullets. Barrel is a 14.5" 1:10 Twist. I have everything from 90gr Frangibles to 160gr Bayous. Rifle will probably have a C-more slide ride installed with a 2 MOA dot, so comments about bullet weight vs. dot movement is will be helpful also. For the 100 yard shooting, I will either install a 6-24 BSA scope I received for free, or spring for a Burris 1-4 MTAC.

I will be suppressing this rifle eventually, but since they didn't offer a 16" barrel and I couldn't find a suitable suppressor adapter to have pinned on the barrel, that will have to wait until I can afford a second barrel or upper.

Please provide any data you have laying around. I'm sure just about any load will work for falling steel at <25 yards. It's the 100 yard accuracy load that has my interest. I like the challenge of squeezing accuracy out of a load that wasn't meant to be shot at 100 yards.

I shoot "suspect" and ammo in the pull box through my 9mm AR exclusively. Keep it spicy near the max loads and you'll be fine. I shot mine out to 300 yards and hit man sized targets reliably with 105 grain bullets and a case full of HS-6.

When I was shooting 3Gun with my Marlin Camp 9, I was using a 115 JHP over 6.9 grains of HS6 at about 1430 fps. I was able to shoot about 2.5 MOA out to 200 yards. I tried some 90 and 95 grain jacketed up around 1800 fps, but the accuracy was worse.

In my experience thru 3 different 9 mm AR-15s. (Rock River, Colt and Custom built.) I have tested numerous loads and found that 115 gr bullets just will not group well. If you want to shoot a light bullet the 124-125 gr bullet seems to be the starting point for accurate loads. My current load uses a 125 gr JHP. I have not found any better accuracy with 147s or 160s.

• 3 months later...

I should be receiving my JP GMR-13 within the next week or so. I will be using this gun primarily for falling steel matches, but I would also like to see what kind of accuracy I can squeeze out of it at 100 yards. I have been shooting 9-major, so I have a TON of different powders and bullets. Barrel is a 14.5" 1:10 Twist. I have everything from 90gr Frangibles to 160gr Bayous. Rifle will probably have a C-more slide ride installed with a 2 MOA dot, so comments about bullet weight vs. dot movement is will be helpful also. For the 100 yard shooting, I will either install a 6-24 BSA scope I received for free, or spring for a Burris 1-4 MTAC.

I will be suppressing this rifle eventually, but since they didn't offer a 16" barrel and I couldn't find a suitable suppressor adapter to have pinned on the barrel, that will have to wait until I can afford a second barrel or upper.

Please provide any data you have laying around. I'm sure just about any load will work for falling steel at <25 yards. It's the 100 yard accuracy load that has my interest. I like the challenge of squeezing accuracy out of a load that wasn't meant to be shot at 100 yards.

Have you tried out your GMR 13 yet? If so what kind of accuracy are you getting with what loads? I am also curious what the magwell looks like. Beveled?

I have a custom 9mm build with a spike's 16 inch barrel with an A2 flash hider. I run a Burris Fastfire 2 optic on it. My load for this was 4.4gr of HP38 with 124gr Xtreme plated bullets at 1.115OAL.

I recommend loading long. This was was 10 rounds at 50 yards.

2012-10-03212833_zps10399176.jpg

I have a dedicated CMMG lower, 9mm, and a RR 9mm upper, 16" barrel.

My load is xtreme plated 147gr bullet. 3.2 grains of Titegroup, Federal spp, 1.140 overall length. I average 900fps with this load out of the rifle and about 870fps out of my glock 34.

This is my go-to gun for the steel matches here run by the uspsa club that allows pistol caliber carbines. Never an issue.