Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best slugs for a SLP?

Marv Z

I have shot Rem LR, Rem full power sluggers, Win full power super x and fed. Full power truball thru my SLP. They all shot fine. The full power stuff is a beast, but my experience with the SLP is that is handles about everything like a rifle.

Thanks for all the help, guys. I ended up ordering a box of 80 Fiocchi Aero slugs from Target Sports USA. $90 shipped,1oz, 1600fps, so I assume there full power. I hate to buy 250 of anything and then find out they won't run in my gun.

Some people have said they have had trouble with low recoil slugs in the slp but I haven't had any issues at all... Didn't break it in with anything other than target loads and it runs low recoil like a champ... Knock on wood... The full power stuff will obviously run but sighting it in can give u a sore shoulder if ur doping for extended ranges... The low recoil is noticeably more pleasant to shoot

My SLP shoots the low-recoil Ranger, Federal, Slugger and Fiocchi slugs all pretty well out to a 100 yards, using the IC choke. But I have experienced POI shifts if rested as opposed to offhand. Also, the Fiocchis are slightly longer and I can't get a full eight in the tube.