Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wal-Mart app for ammo purchases

czambesi

I was told that if you use the Wal-Mart app it will show you that the ammo will be in stock and available the following day at 0700? Is anyone else using the app and have any luck or advice with it? Do you have to look after a certain time in the day or night?

Thanks,

Chris

(sorry if in wrong forum)

I was told that if you use the Wal-Mart app it will show you that the ammo will be in stock and available the following day at 0700? Is anyone else using the app and have any luck or advice with it? Do you have to look after a certain time in the day or night?

Good questions.

I did not know about this app but I was in the local Walmart this afternoon (about 4 PM) and checked the ammo shelves. The app says they got some .223 in stock at 4:27 PM but I did not see any.

It also says there was some .22LR in stock at the same time. If that was the case I would have been all over it.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I don't know if I would call it an app. But I was told that people just review the Wal-Mart stock for their store using the Wal-mart web site. It is supposed to show what will go on the shelves the next day at 7:00 am. I would guess that you would need to check it late in the day. I have not tried since I don't live near one. Did stand in line one morning next to a guy that had it on his phone. It did show the ammo that was put out just not the quantity. About 10 boxes came out and all went to the first four people in line.

Thanks for the info Bagdad.

Flatland - not that I know off, the local Academy puts a sign on the door prior to opening with the calibers that came in. Normally it is sold out pretty soon after opening.

Flatland - did you go back this morning?

It works. If its a popular round, check late in the day as it appears to update when it hits the store but not the shelf so checking late pretty much means the shipments are all in. So if it shows 22 in at say 9PM it will be out at 7am the next day. If it shows limited stock, its I believe less than 5 boxes.

I use the Wal-Mart android app. I scan the bar codes on the Ar15.com wal-mart ammo availability thread on page 82. I use my phone with the app and the gps on to scan off my tablet. The gps on checks all the stores in your area. If you check it at night and it says its in stock it wont be on the shelf tell the morning.

Thanks USMC

No problem. It took me a few weeks to get the hang of it, but I was able to score 600 .223/5.56 and 650 9mm in a weekend and 8 Wal-Marts. Lol glad the wife likes to drive around and see the country side.

And ask at the sporting goods counter if you do not see it on the shelf. Some stores are keeping the popular ammo hidden to better control stock or at least that is the story I have seen posted elsewhere.

In one instance I saw where the sporting goods employee was playing games. I came across a Walmart where they had a dozen boxes of 5.56 in the locked case. The "employee of the month" , i.e. the kid with the keys, could not be found. They paged him several times. One of the managers walked by and said he must be at lunch.

I kept coming back every 10 minutes or so as I did the rest of my shopping.

I'm headed down the aisle and ahead of me is a group of five youths. The one in the lead was our "employee of the month" and his friends nailed all the rounds.

App doesn't work all to well. Problem is, there are people who know when they stock the shelves (they do it the same day and time each week), and they are there buying everything as it goes out. If you watch Armslist that day you'll see a bunch of ammo being posted within a few hours. It's the same 10 guys in line every week.

The Walmart near me has stopped updating the Walmart.com website, and has started stocking the ammo at a different time and day each week. When those same 10 guys show up, sorry we don't have any today. Couple of weeks ago I walked into my local Walmart and they had .40S&W and .45ACP 100 round packs in stock. They only has a few, I picked up 2 of the .40's and it was gone 2 hours later when a friend went there. But I didn't see any of it on Armslist at least.

Edited by Tuflehundon

And ask at the sporting goods counter if you do not see it on the shelf. Some stores are keeping the popular ammo hidden to better control stock or at least that is the story I have seen posted elsewhere.

In one instance I saw where the sporting goods employee was playing games. I came across a Walmart where they had a dozen boxes of 5.56 in the locked case. The "employee of the month" , i.e. the kid with the keys, could not be found. They paged him several times. One of the managers walked by and said he must be at lunch.

I kept coming back every 10 minutes or so as I did the rest of my shopping.

I'm headed down the aisle and ahead of me is a group of five youths. The one in the lead was our "employee of the month" and his friends nailed all the rounds.

That happens quite a bit actually which is why around here all the ammo gets locked up and brought out by the manager in the morning at 7am. Here they check the cart with the manifest to make sure it is all there. The app works in that it shows when its at the store not necessarily on the shelf. Check it in the afternoon about 8pm as the trucks are gonna be in and it all in the system. When it shows in stock in the evening its going out the next morning. If you run out when you see it in stock its not gonna be out if its something like 22 that's popular as whatever they got out that morning won't be in stock in the afternoon.

Edited by EkuJustice