Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock trigger variation

earthshine402

I just picked up a new gen 3 35 the other day, and the trigger felt pretty crisp. I then put all 3 Wolff competition springs in, and not only did it still maintain all functionality, such as properly resetting the trigger all the way, it felt super light and crisp. I put a Jager striker in it also. No parts were even polished. It almost feels as good as a friends Vanek on a G21 I tried.

Now, when I compare this to a gen 3 34 I have - this trigger is much different. I have polished all parts. I am unable to use all 3 competition springs in it or the trigger will not reset all the way forward. After the take-up, there is a heavier (but smooth) mush until the break.

What is the deal with these drastically different triggers? Is this a known occurrence?

They all vary and you need to tune each one to fit your needs.

I recently pulled out 4 NIB Gen 3 G19 pistols and tested the trigger pull on each 10 times and the pull varied more than a pound between the four.

I think it's variations in the frame, here's why: I bought a 34 and 35 on the same day. 34 had a shorter pull and less mush than the 35. The 35 trigger rested in a much further forward position when cocked. And the trigger pad safety on the 35 stuck out much further than on the 34. So I ordered a GlockTriggers Edge kit for the 35, since I was pretty happy with the 34...felt almost exactly the same as the stock 35 trigger. I swapped it over into the 34 and, with it in the 34, the 34 felt almost exactly the same as it felt stock.

There are fairly significant differences when trying to get a good trigger. I tried to build a dimensional spreadsheet with cross references to the part sets that felt best with those particular dimensions...waste of time. Using trial and error, I would try at least 2 connectors in a brand and 3 brands and pick the one that felt best before I fine tuned a specific trigger. The trigger pull can wander slightly based on environmental conditions, wear and debris build-up as well. What feels best in one frame may not feel the best in another frame.

Stamped metal parts in plastic housings are not exactly what one would consider precision machining. That is the beauty and the beast of the platform.

If i understand the above post correctly, you are saying that the Glocktriggers Edge kit felt no better than the stock setup in two different guns?

That is correct. I'm not a connoisseur of fine triggers to where I can perceive minute differences that would contribute nothing to performance...but I noticed no difference.

Be sure to check that the trigger bar spring is installed correctly. If this spring is wrapped around the side of the bar it will rub against the trigger housing causing a lot of friction, therefore not resetting the trigger.. Also make sure that the spring is installed to look like an 'S' shape as well.

Be sure to check that the trigger bar spring is installed correctly. If this spring is wrapped around the side of the bar it will rub against the trigger housing causing a lot of friction, therefore not resetting the trigger.. Also make sure that the spring is installed to look like an 'S' shape as well.

Yea, I realized this in a panic after taking apart the awesome G35, putting it back together, and it feeling like crap. I took it back apart and realized I had not assembled the spring so it was in the bar properly.

I am aware of the "S" shape.

My G34 just feels drastically different, even with everything assembled properly.

I've got five of them, kinda spread out in serial numbers.

35 PMC-xxx

27 TAD-xxx

23 GVT-xxx

Twin Gen4 17's with sequential serials. THG-xxx

None of them felt the same out of the box. The 27 and one of the 17's break much farther forward in the guard than the rest. The 23 has the best factory trigger of the bunch, minimal reset. Overtravel stops made the 17's feel pretty much identical, albeit with different locations of the "wall."