Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

thumb pedal without racker?

jbc98c

I have an older sv 2011 open gun. has a slide mounted docter, shielded thumb safety, and hybricomp barrel. theres not a whole lot of room for a slide racker.

i currently rack the slide from over the top. i feel like a *thumb rest [generic]* or thumb rest would get in the way. so, im trying to figure out a way to play with this and make it work.

any ideas?

Looks to me like there is plenty of room between the breachface and the current slide-mounted optic to dovetail for a slide-racker. If you're worried about space between the shielded thumb safety and the slide-racker, you could get one that is bent at an angle instead of straight, like an SVI slide racker.

A Right side racker works as well. I run a cheely short racker on the right side of the gun as I have a setback mount and there racker on the left side would hit the actual cmore its self. I just run it on the right side and it works well for me.

Pic of my friend's, (Benos user ExtremeShot), last open gun that he built. As you can see, you can get fairly close to the breechface with the slide-racker dovetail.

208868_3099642504207_250148132_n.jpg

Edited by Parallax3D

One thing to think about if you put the racker on the opposite side from the thumb rest (or no racker at all) is how the pistol will balance on the thumb rest. When I take my racker off, the back of the gun tips to the table and the muzzle points skyward.