Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loss of use left arm...

bossharp

I'm new here I have never shot in any kind of match or any organized shooting at all...But I want to be a MUCH better shooter.I lost the use of my left arm when I was in the USN back in the early seventies I have atrophied intrinsic muscles in my hand and very weak hand strength.I can bend my arm at my elbow to mid chest at best.I used a Dan Wesson 357 Max [8" vent shroud] for a few years for all my hunting/shooting but it proved to heavy and I went to a Ruger Security Six .I never used a auto because it was so awkward to handle cycle and load.I am getting a Glock 34 this year and what I looking for is ANY tips, techniques ,ideas, suggestions for one handed hand gunning..Thanks everyone..

If you check for Mike seeklander or rob pincus drills on YouTube there should be some videos that deal with this type of scenario. The ones I'm thinking of deal specifically with 1 handed operation of an glock.

Im new to the internet and do not have unlimted data... I have to figure out how to save them.Could you post a link to a few good ones worth watching?I got the feeling this is a advanced forum so I'll have to look for beginner threads..I do know its easy to develop bad habits

If you check for Mike seeklander or rob pincus drills on YouTube there should be some videos that deal with this type of scenario. The ones I'm thinking of deal specifically with 1 handed operation of an glock.

Not sure if this would be ok in USPSA though...

:) Edited by gose

If you have trouble with the weak hand I would avoid production with the limited number of mods and reduced mag capacity. In limited and open you can use a slide racket which makes it much easier to manipulate the gun

I RO'd a gentleman a couple of years ago at the Desert Classic (2 years in a row I believe), that only had one arm. He shot limited and had a kind of table on the front of his belt with his spare mags oriented up so he could drop the empty mag and bring the pistol down on the spare. (Kind of like Tomb Raider, only in front). It was kind of neat to watch. (I do not recall his name though).