Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draft Rule Book Poll

ktm300

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new book does nothing to address the major flaw in IDPA, And why I have nothign to do with IDPA, and based on this book wont be returning anytime soon
Vague, wishy washy verbage, leading to constant subjective scoring and penalties.

Just go shoot as best you can and remember most of us don't make a living at this.

This!
Yes, just shut up and deal with it. That is the IDPA way.

The rule book is final now. Either accept it, or don't...your call. The IDPA will be just fine either way.

Just go shoot as best you can and remember most of us don't make a living at this.

This!
Yes, just shut up and deal with it. That is the IDPA way.
The rule book is final now. Either accept it, or don't...your call. The IDPA will be just fine either way.

Bill did you look at the poll? It's obvious that a lot of active shooters think the new rules hurt more than they help. If you like the new rules great. I would say that a lot of the people that are there to win think the rules are a joke. IDPA had a long damn time to get this right and they just flat out didn't.

I'm not in the habit of wishing big chunks of time to pass but I so look forward to returning to this issue 9-12 months down the road to see if the new rulebook adversely effects membership numbers.

I'd bet the last 5 dollars in my wallet it doesn't.

Precisely! The new rule book is what it is. It's not going to affect IDPA membership or participation in the slightest. IDPA is still (IMO) the best game in town!

Edited by BillR1

...this poll proves nothing more than a very small number of the people who frequent this tread, not the forums and certainly not the membership disagree with the new rulebook in some fashion.

As someone with a Political Science degree and has studied polls, their format, creation, and dissemination I can surely attest that the results some of you so strongly cling to are flawed at best and outright unreliable.

I understand the concerns about rulebook changes not being viewed as beneficial. What I so strongly object to is the use of such a small sample to CONSTANTLY be used to prove a point.

The rulebook goes into effect in October. Hopefully the bitching and teeth grinding will end by then.

No I base it on the fact that there a clubs around me going to run outlaw matches instead of IDPA matches because of these rules. But hey what do I know I'm just somebody with a psychology degree that works on elevators because people are to frustrating.

...as if there are not clubs that run outlaw USPSA. That in and of itself is no consequence.

The rules are what they are...an imperfect document designed by well intentioned human beings. No one will EVER get everything they want or think they need and the inability to look at the big picture and find more "good" than "bad" in any shooting organization is concerning. The top level shooters will continue to adapt and "game" wherever they can, the bulk of the membership will adapt and participate at the level they feel comfortable, and the whiners will continue to whine no matter what.

The time for teeth grinding is over. Either shoot IDPA or don't. I hope everyone stays but I'm realistic enough to know better besides for every shooter that leaves another will join.

...as if there are not clubs that run outlaw USPSA. That in and of itself is no consequence.

The rules are what they are...an imperfect document designed by well intentioned human beings. No one will EVER get everything they want or think they need and the inability to look at the big picture and find more "good" than "bad" in any shooting organization is concerning. The top level shooters will continue to adapt and "game" wherever they can, the bulk of the membership will adapt and participate at the level they feel comfortable, and the whiners will continue to whine no matter what.

The time for teeth grinding is over. Either shoot IDPA or don't. I hope everyone stays but I'm realistic enough to know better besides for every shooter that leaves another will join.

Outlaw USPSA please. USPSA is so open now pretty much anything can play. Plus this isn't a IDPA vs USPSA thing it's merely a IDPA issue. I shoot all sports not just one so before you cram me into one group remember that.

You are right the top shooters will play by the rules and carry on. It doesn't mean they like it.