Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Final candidates for my new open gun

DrLove

ok guys, I'm getting an open gun after researching it for a while and getting all your inputs.

Now I have two candidates that I need your help choose between.

first is the TruBor in 38 super. I'll probably chrome it later on and I've been told it will work fine with factory loads until I start reloading or buy from AA. I might also go for a trigger job but I can't think of anything else needed here.

The second is the CZ Chezhmate in 9mm. I have also been told that this will run major and minor loads fine and comes with a lot of extras including all the mags I will ever need.

Which one should I go for?

Is the CZ used? Because if it is new and has the 4 mags it comes with then I would want more then 4 mags.........

I would go with the Trubor as well. I have had a bunch of CZ's and like them(look at my avatar LOL) but I would go with the trubor for ease of upgrading and available parts..... 9mm would be my choice also......

Edited by kitestir

Trubor. Easier to get parts, easier to work on. But I wouldn't get super. Factory is going to be expensive and harder to find than 9mm

I was actually thinking of 38 super b/c AA has some major loads. But does anyone knows of any place that sells major 9mm? I would prefer that too but don't know where as it will take me a while to have reloading up and running?

I've got a trubor in 9 major and with the major loads I absolutely love this gun. With factory loads I absolutely hate this gun. Without the added gas to work the comp the recoil isn't any better than a glock, and I get stove pipes.

i agree with everything above re: the ease of finding parts to fix/modify the Trubor, BUT....

i have the Czechmate and couldn't be happier and can't find and modifications that it needs, the only thing i am doing to it is adding a thumb rest, it shoots my major loads and minor loads (brass is the only component they have in common) without a problem, minor = 141PF, the best part is that for steel challenge distances my POI doesn't change

just something to consider

Edited by gator098

I too have a Trubor in 9mm major. Had a host of problems in the beginning, my gunsmith refered to it as tolerance stacking. Once he sorted that out, after 6 hours of repeated disassembly and tweaking, it runs like a raped ape. It is still fastr than I am.

I would suggest a Trubor and an immediate visit to a competent gunsmith and get a trigger job and fitment inspection.

And buy a Dillon 550 or 650 and start loading for it!