Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When things that run in the background go bad

dover0020

That sucks. Been there.

Mine was a house I was selling. Had just finished a bathroom in the basement. In the bathroom above it, a pipe broke (cheap valve, actually). We had moved out already, so we only checked the house every few days/week.

Got up this morning to workout and when I get to the basement discover it is flooded due to my hot water heater. I hate when crap like this happens.

As a former plumber, I have to ask the question: Why do you have a hot water heater?

Yes, I feel your pain. Had $5k worth of hardwood floors destroyed by moisture...

You almost have to assume that the OP likes hot water, therefore the hot water heater. :roflol:

If your water was already hot, why do you have to heat it? You don't have a "hot water heater", you have a water heater. Go into any plumbing supply house and ask for a hot water heater....and be prepared to be laughed out of the store.

Edited by GrumpyOne

You almost have to assume that the OP likes hot water, therefore the hot water heater. :roflol:

If your water was already hot, why do you have to heat it? You don't have a "hot water heater", you have a water heater. Go into any plumbing supply house and ask for a hot water heater....and be prepared to be laughed out of the store.

Nice one Grumpy. :bow:

But, but, but, I like my hot water hotter... :goof:

What I hate is going into my carpeted cellar, getting my socks wet from the water in the carpet, realizing my water heater is leaking and knowing, as a licensed plumbing contractor, I waited too long to install the new one that was sitting right next to the old one.

Now I use an indirect that will, hopefully, last longer than I will.