Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Devision Rule Question

midget

Currently the USPSA rule book lists: •Replacement barrels – provided they are the same length as original factory standard

Is this something that is supposed to change with the new 2013 rules?

As of Jan 1 of this year, the new Appendix D for Limited Division is listed below. This was passed at the December 2011 BOD meeting.

As you can see, the new Appendix D stops at line 20, so the replacement barrel restriction in the current rulebook is no longer in effect.

(Sorry about the formatting.)

APPENDIX D2 - Limited Division

1 Minimum power factor for Major 165

2 Minimum power factor for Minor 125

3 Minimum bullet weight No

4 Minimum cartridge dimensions 9X19mm (0.354), (0.748”)

5 Minimum bullet caliber for Major .40 cal. / 10mm (0.40”)

6 Minimum trigger pull No

7 Maximum handgun size No

8 Maximum magazine length 5.561” (141.25mm) or 6.742”

(171.25mm) in single stack guns

9 Maximum ammunition capacity No

10 Maximum distance of handgun and

mags/speed loaders from inner side of belt

Handgun and Mags - 2”

11 Rule 5.2.3.1 applies Yes

12 Restriction on position of holster and other equipment No

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted No

14 Installed flashlights permitted No

15 Compensators permitted No

16 Barrel ports permitted No

17 Slide ports permitted Yes

18 Maximum weight No

19 Handgun specifically approved for Division No

20 Holster restrictions No

Does this mean you can add a weight to the end of the barrel (if it was extended and threaded) as long as it does not re-direct gasses?

Yes

Pretty much as long as it is iron sighted and non compensated let you imagination run wild.

Mike

Just refer him to the BoD approved rules. There isn't a new rule book yet but if it is passed by the BoD and the effective date has started, you are good to go. I would direct him to contact DNROI, read the board minutes (link above) or read it in Front Sight.

Just refer him to the BoD approved rules. There isn't a new rule book yet but if it is passed by the BoD and the effective date has started, you are good to go. I would direct him to contact DNROI, read the board minutes (link above) or read it in Front Sight.

Awesome! Thank you!

Ugh. Just when I thought all I had to keep up on was the rulebook and the NROI rulings. :rolleyes: Guess I have to include the BOD minutes, too.

I wouldn't worry too much about RO's not knowing the rules. I was worried about it earlier in the year, until the matches started up again. I don't know if I've met anyone since March who doesn't know about the rules changes in Limited. It's not like it was just a single little rule change that could've been missed. Limited literaly changed every major rule. No more 500 production limit, no weight limit, barrel length, accessories (slide rackers). I can't imagine an RO questioning it and then not immediately being informed by almost everyone on the squad of the new rules, followed shortly by someone pulling up proof on an Ipad or smart phone.