Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My dog ate my couch

John Thompson

Beta dog got pissed at the omega dog so it tore up the couch and carpet where the omerga dog had been laying last night. Thankfully the carpet was a a loose piece I place over the actual carpet in front of the couch to keep it clean because the dogs track a lot of dirt in. The couch is ruined. I can't beleive these dogs, three litter mate black labs, they are 8 years old and way too old for this crap. $1,000- flushed down the drain.

Beta dog got pissed at the omega dog so it tore up the couch and carpet where the omerga dog had been laying last night. Thankfully the carpet was a a loose piece I place over the actual carpet in front of the couch to keep it clean because the dogs track a lot of dirt in. The couch is ruined. I can't beleive these dogs, three litter mate black labs, they are 8 years old and way too old for this crap. $1,000- flushed down the drain.

My neighbor dropped his dog (a 15 lb Bichon) and pissed away over $3000 in repair costs (on the dog), so you got off light.

You let them on the couch :o

If my dads dog sets foot in any part of the house other than the kitchen or wash house it had better be chewing on an unwelcome guests arse. It sleeps by the door on an old blanket.

But then Pit Bulls are a bit cantankerous. But the dog don't mind :P

It makes me so happy that my dog turned out like she did. As a puppy she ate a couple shoes, a couple alarm clocks, the power cord on my laptop, and even a mortgage statement. For the longest time, I felt like I couldn't trust her.

Blessedly all that stopped and she's incredibly gentle around furniture and people.

It's not that dogs are man's best friend, they're man's ONLY friend.

:P My Red Heeler ate the seat off of my API Baby Grand bow stand!!! Not a huge loss but sure did piss me off. Had to make a quick repair two days before bow season. She new she screwed up and wouldn't come near me for several days. I wasn't even that mad at her. They know when they do wrong. They aren't as dumb as people might think. Gotta love them. TXAG

I know this is a hate thread, but as far as chewing furniture...

My wife found some blue (yes, blue) wicker rockers and an end table that she used in the sunny end of our living room. I absolutely hated that stuff! I came home one day to find that our border collie/husky mix had just chewed the heck out of the legs of the furniture. After gently scolding him in front of my wife, I took him for a nice walk around the neighborhood telling him what a good dog he was and gave him some extra puppy treats. He did what I wanted to do, but couldn't get away with!

I figured I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth!

I have a matched pair of brown dogs, They are brothers, when they were little they were a two pup wrecking crew, now they are 7 and are fine. My Labs are very birdie, love to hunt. Some times I have to take them out to Lake Mead and try to drown thier furry butts! To calm them down! :D

Ivan

SCS Vegas

yeah it sucks that he did that but YA GOTTA LOVE THEM LABS.smart as can be and he knew what he was doing.i miss mine i had to give him up when i moved.

i tought this lab to box believe it or not he used to jump on the sofa lean up against the back and put his paws up to fight with me.and since this the hate forum let me add this.when i moved into this condo unit i was told NO PETS everwhere i looked the same thing.last week i see a guy get off the elevator walking a black lab and someone else walking 2 wanna be dogs(anything with 4 legs smaller than a cat).manager has not returned my call yet. :angry:

I don't let them on the furnature the dog was laying on the floor against the couch and when the other one was scratching at the rug it was getting the couch too.

Now the omega dog is blwoing through the invisable fence and going on adventures every time I let her out to do her bidness.

I love my dogs but they're really psuhing it. it's been sixteen months since my daughter was born and they're still trying to mark territory if I ain't constantly watching them.

I feel really bad becasue I begging to not feel the same about them anymore.

These dogs are female beleive it or not. When they were puppies they were hell on wheels. The couch that got ate was a replacement for the one they ate then. Chewed on an Amish made dresser and scatched holes in my basment walls. Labs are my favorite breed but they are famously immature, next time I'm going to have to think about it first.

Two of the three being litter mates made to hard too as they would feed off each other.

John,

I think this is normal with dogs. Every so often, the dog tries to exceed the boundaries previously set for it. Then, I have to be a meanie, and exert my authority again which results in some down ears and a little sulking, then everything's back to happy happy happy again. They're just like kids.

(HSUS members clarification: I am NOT talking about beating my dog here. Simply re-exerting my requirements for basic obedience. Don't flip out on me here. OK?)

Then, I have to be a meanie, and exert my authority again which results in some down ears and a little sulking, then everything's back to happy happy happy again. They're just like kids.

Eric,

So you're really rebooting the dog's CPU when you do this??? :lol::lol::lol:

Then, I have to be a meanie, and exert my authority again which results in some down ears and a little sulking, then everything's back to happy happy happy again. They're just like kids.

Eric,

People need a good rebooting now and again... but that's a different topic. :D

Eric,

Get outa here with those size 13s..... :lol::lol:

Eric,

Get outa here with those size 13s..... :lol::lol:

Have I bought shoes from you?!?! :huh: