Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha race master holster or Amadini Ultimate Ghost Holsters

bonglee0507

My first USPSA holster was a Ghost. I tried a DAA Racemaster for a while last year and it broke during a low port walk through. Saul was kind enough to send me the parts to fix it, but it never locked up the way it originally did. So I'm back with the Ghost and love the durability and adjustability.

Send me your DA. HAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Whats your address?

I recently got a Double Alpha Race Master holster. I am incredibly impressed with the design, materials, and finish of this holster with respect to its price tag of $200. This holster is comprised of 4 CNC machined aluminum components. The insert block is machined Delrin with engraving of the pistol model that the insert is for. Top it all off with what appears to be a Type II anodized finish and "Race Master" laser marked on it and I'm very surprised at its price tag.

Additionally, you will not get any better customer service than what you will get from Saul at DAA.

Edited by d_striker

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at both holsters today. Sounds like the Ghost is a "plug & play" holster. Just put it on your belt and start shooting. The DAA requires custom "fitting"? Guess I'm just new to this but for my money I'd rather have one that's ready to roll as opposed to having to custom fit one. Just my two cents.

Ghost is very good too like the daa the only downside is you cant change the inserts Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Actually you can change the blocks. The Ghost holster itself is cheaper than the Race Master, but the Race Master inserts are cheaper. I have tried both brands holsters and mag pouches. I am currently using Ghost for both.

I was looking at both holsters today. Sounds like the Ghost is a "plug & play" holster. Just put it on your belt and start shooting. The DAA requires custom "fitting"? Guess I'm just new to this but for my money I'd rather have one that's ready to roll as opposed to having to custom fit one. Just my two cents.

Huh? There is a possibility due to the differences in trigger guards that you may have to do some light filing on the DAA since it is a tight, very secure fit. However, I have three of them and two different additional blocks and all of them are "ready to roll" out of the box. The only one I did anything on was the Glock block since I wanted to make it a little smoother but it did work, it was just a little too snug. Two minutes of filing and it was ready. The DAA is the only way to go!!

Has this gone ghost vs aa? CR Speed was my first mistake, it doesn't draw well and it is common for the gun to get knocked out while taping targets. I have had 3 bought one, but finally rid my self of all. Limcat is a good holster, but when I added a thumb rest it was history. The ghost is an excellent holster, reliable, secure, but lacks the range of adjustment of the Double Alpha, the Double Alpha Unlock lever is easier to hit on the draw and way easier to set on ULSC HD Holster.

It isn't totally idiot proof, as I managed to break mine, my daddy always said I could bread a crowbar. I sent an email to Saul and he politely sent me a new slide lock. Not being sure exactly which one I had the one I got needed a little fitting. Like Tim the tool man I grabbed my turbo nitrious drimmel and in two shakes it was just right.

The only real issue I have had with the Ghost is blowing sand, well I'm on the line and they said make ready and I couldn't, sand had locked up the ghost, to the safe table I went, after cleaning the ball I was back on the stage.

I didn't mention safariland, well I had two, the second a 13 went byby when I got the Quinn mount for the c-more, sure I could have taken super drimmel to it or plasma cutter but just sold it, got the first Ghost, still have two, and use the Double Alpha Racemaster.

• 1 year later...

Have used/owned ghost, speedsec, daa race master (both old sand new hanger and old and new inserts) and manny Bragg future super dooper.

If you truly want it for just one gun and want solid locking and a very smooth draw then the manny holster is the way to go. The daa very close second. If you plan on using other guns on the same rig then daa is the way to go.