Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about aiming, walls and point shooting

lawboy

Question: When shooting through a low port on a wall made of snow fence, it is it against the rules to point shoot the targets while looking through the snow fence rather than getting down into the low port to use your sights? Mind, you, the shots are taken through the port, NOT through the fence.

Here is what I mean. Happens starting at 0:13. I am asking because after searching the rulebook I could not find a rule on point.

Nik, thanks for the info. These targets were spitting distance and were directly facing the rear berm so I was pretty comfortable doing it in this instance. Not something I would normally do for a lot of reasons but it just felt right here and worked -- six alpha. :)

I did that at the Nationals a couple years ago. It wasn't a low port, but a weak hand shot made while I looked through the mesh of the barricade that was better than the alternative. Not a peep out of the RO.

I saw Robbie do it at Tulsa Nationals one year of a really low port and two targets.

Nothing in the rule book about point shooting. People do it when it seems like the best course of action.

I remember a stage at double tap (don't remember which match, maybe area 4 in 09?) that had two really low targets in the middle of a stage that most people point shot.

eta: to answer the question; it's totally legal.

Edited by spanky